DVD to MPG, AVI, WMV (or similar)

I have a legitimate reason to convert some video currently on a DVD to a PC
readable format, but I cannot find any software currently on my XP Media
Edition PC which can make the conversion.

Can anyone advise me of something suitable, or is there likely to be
something already resident on my HD which I just have not found yet?

I can view DVDs OK.

www.dvdrhelp.com

--
<- Shenan ->

First of all you need to remove the copyright. You can do it with DVDFab,
http://www.dvdidle.com. With this tool you can also backup your DVD's to
writeable DVD's.
If you want to make them to other formats you can use Imto DVD ripper,
http://www.imtoo.com/

> Vernon wrote:
> > I have a legitimate reason to convert some video currently on a DVD
> > to a PC readable format, but I cannot find any software currently on
> > my XP Media Edition PC which can make the conversion.
> >
> > Can anyone advise me of something suitable, or is there likely to be
> > something already resident on my HD which I just have not found yet?
> >
> > I can view DVDs OK.
>
> www.dvdrhelp.com

Thanks Shenan,

Am looking into this