Internet Explorer Save Picture As Option Changed Need it b..

April 13, 2005 12:14:03 PM

Recently my Internet Explorer/Save Pictures As option changed to only that of
a bitmap file. How do I change it back to where I can save the picture as a
jpg, gif or other? Please advise how to change this setting. I don't know
what happened? I want to be able to save my pictures as what ever they are
originally.
Thanks
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 12:47:29 AM

Hi Daniel,

This problem occurs if the Temporary Internet Files are full.

1. Start Internet Explorer
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. Click the General tab.
4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
5. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

FAQ - Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their original format
in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

Why IE will only let you save as BMP:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2003/12/08/53607....

More on why ie will only let you save as bmp:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2004/10/29/249742...

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently my Internet Explorer/Save Pictures As option changed to only that
> of
> a bitmap file. How do I change it back to where I can save the picture as
> jpg, gif or other? Please advise how to change this setting. I don't
> know
> what happened? I want to be able to save my pictures as what ever they
> are
> originally.
> Thanks
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 5:17:39 AM

Your internet cache is too big. Empty it and reduce it's size.

!