Is it possible that having Winmx on my Windows XP that it would slow down my
computer.
I could swear that after downloading it today my internet web pages are
opening slower.
I don't know if this could be from Winmx or not. My daughter has already
downloaded some songs, so hate to remove it to test it. Any Ideas?

Yes, many are complaining that is slows down their Pc's. I recommend
http://www.shareaza.com, http://www.limewire.com

"PattiChati" wrote:

> Is it possible that having Winmx on my Windows XP that it would slow down my
> computer.
> I could swear that after downloading it today my internet web pages are
> opening slower.
> I don't know if this could be from Winmx or not. My daughter has already
> downloaded some songs, so hate to remove it to test it. Any Ideas?

Patti

P2P programs are frowned upon for a few reasons.. #1 is the legality of
downloading songs and or programs without having paid for them first.. #2 is
the issue of virus, trojan, malware infestation via the downloads and
installation of the P2P program itself..

It has to be your choice whether or not the program remains on your system..
no doubt your conscience will guide you..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm