WinMx

Is it possible that having Winmx on my Windows XP that it would slow down my
computer.
I could swear that after downloading it today my internet web pages are
opening slower.
I don't know if this could be from Winmx or not. My daughter has already
downloaded some songs, so hate to remove it to test it. Any Ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about winmx

    Yes, many are complaining that is slows down their Pc's. I recommend
    http://www.shareaza.com, http://www.limewire.com

    "PattiChati" wrote:

    > Is it possible that having Winmx on my Windows XP that it would slow down my
    > computer.
    > I could swear that after downloading it today my internet web pages are
    > opening slower.
    > I don't know if this could be from Winmx or not. My daughter has already
    > downloaded some songs, so hate to remove it to test it. Any Ideas?

    Patti

    P2P programs are frowned upon for a few reasons.. #1 is the legality of
    downloading songs and or programs without having paid for them first.. #2 is
    the issue of virus, trojan, malware infestation via the downloads and
    installation of the P2P program itself..

    It has to be your choice whether or not the program remains on your system..
    no doubt your conscience will guide you..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "PattiChati" <PattiChati@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible that having Winmx on my Windows XP that it would slow down
    > my
    > computer.
    > I could swear that after downloading it today my internet web pages are
    > opening slower.
    > I don't know if this could be from Winmx or not. My daughter has already
    > downloaded some songs, so hate to remove it to test it. Any Ideas?

Microsoft Windows XP