Tech: Kick graphics issues

Hi everyone,
I have a Kick and I'm having some video issues. All of the moving objects
work perfectly with no problems. The background graphics are where i'm
having troubles. There are horizontal lines that run through most of the
buildings and such in the background. I've reseated every chip on the board
that was socketed and that didn't help. Has anyone seen background graphic
problems on any of the other MCR series boardsets and have an idea where to
look? Bad video RAM perhaps?

Thanks, Scott

www.agelessarcade.com

Kick/MCR boards are well known for giving graphics problems when they don't
have clean ground connections or only some of the ground pins actually are
connected..

However this normally affects the sprites and not backgrounds.

At least verify you have solid power connections in every place there is
supposed to be and see if that helps.