Barrage of pesky error messages

I installed Service Pack 2 on my XP system over the weekend and have been hit
by a barrage of error messages.

Whenever I am online, I get dozens of messages that say this:

"ERROR 008B423F The service cannot accept control messages at this time: $"

Is there something wrong with my system or some sort of patch/fix that I
need to apply or download?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Shawn

Sorry for repitition: javascript got hung up and I couldn't see first post
had made it...

"Shawnlevy" wrote:

> I installed Service Pack 2 on my XP system over the weekend and have been hit
> by a barrage of error messages.
>
> Whenever I am online, I get dozens of messages that say this:
>
> "ERROR 008B423F The service cannot accept control messages at this time: $"
>
> Is there something wrong with my system or some sort of patch/fix that I
> need to apply or download?
>
> Thanks in advance for your input.
>
> Shawn

What you should know and actions to be taken before installing SP2 update..
obviously, the installation process is also covered.. Jupiter Jones' page on
SP2 installs has helped many people, and I have little doubt that it will
help you too..

Good luck..

--
Mike Hall