I have two hard drives and one is "unreadable". PLEASE HEL..

I have my hard drives in a Master-Slave setup and when I reloaded Windows the
Slave drive disappeared and was classified "unreadable". Please help me, I
NEED that data back desperately.

please help me i really need help

"Desperate" <Desperate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> please help me i really need help
>
> "Desperate" wrote:

You have not given enough info to help you by any other means than to
point you to very expensive services to do exactly what you want.

What model & brand Hard drives? Did you decide to hook them in this
configuration (master/slave) recently? Or were they working great for
quite some time and then "poof" - they work no more?

Do both drives spin-up okay? Are they making weird sounds? Clunking or
a screeching kinda wine repetitively?

What is your level of experience with system hardware and software
(OS)?

Bottom line is that mission critical files need multiple forms of
backup to ensure successful recovery from any disaster! If you didn't
back up, shame on you! Not trying to be harsh but you need to learn
from this.

No matter how hard you try (unless you have an up to the last minute
drive image) you never fully recover from a system crash. But
sometimes that's a good thing! You might think about a Raid1
(mirroring) array for your next system if your data is that critical!
But you still need other forms of backup and should not rely on any
one type alone!

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Desperate wrote:
> I have my hard drives in a Master-Slave setup and when I reloaded Windows the
> Slave drive disappeared and was classified "unreadable". Please help me, I
> NEED that data back desperately.

Start/Help and Support

Type in 'Take ownership'.

Select 'Take ownership of a file or folder'.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

John wrote:

> Desperate wrote:
>
>> I have my hard drives in a Master-Slave setup and when I reloaded
>> Windows the Slave drive disappeared and was classified "unreadable".
>> Please help me, I NEED that data back desperately.
>

> Start/Help and Support
>
> Type in 'Take ownership'.
>
> Select 'Take ownership of a file or folder'.

If that doesn't work goto 'Computer Management' in Control
Panel/Administrative tools.

Assign dive letters to the partition(s) on the drive in question and
then 'Take Ownership' of the folders.

John