Win 7 RC upgrading

G

When i try upgrading from Beta to RC, i get a message Zonealarm is not compatabile and it stops. I have searched for ZA using regedit and deleted all references I can find. i removed all traces from Programs. What else can I do?

Solution
If you are actually upgrading from the beta (build 7000) to the RC (build 7100), I'm not sure it can be done. The beta finally expired on August 1, 2009. If you have critical data on that computer that you have not backed up, you should install the RC to a separate partition and retrieve your data from the original Win7 beta partition. Can you tell us more about your setup and confirm that you are really trying to upgrade the beta?

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
If you are actually upgrading from the beta (build 7000) to the RC (build 7100), I'm not sure it can be done. The beta finally expired on August 1, 2009. If you have critical data on that computer that you have not backed up, you should install the RC to a separate partition and retrieve your data from the original Win7 beta partition. Can you tell us more about your setup and confirm that you are really trying to upgrade the beta?

Solution