  • Microsoft
  • Disk Cleanup
  • Windows XP
April 13, 2005 3:32:22 PM

I have been trying to schedule tasks (disk cleanup, virus
scan, ect) to run at night. I keep getting an error
message 0X80070005 access is denied, No premission to
proform task. It ask for the system administrator to do
it. I'm the only one who use this computer. How do I find
the system administrator, where I can change to my name?
Thanks for any help.

More about : scheduled tasks

Anonymous
April 14, 2005 1:37:09 PM

Hi Norma,

Task Scheduler Does Not Run Tasks When "Run As" User Account Has No Password
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311119

“0x80070005: Access is denied" error message when you create a scheduled
task in Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884573

Troubleshoot Scheduled Tasks in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308558

This log file for Scheduled Tasks is stored in the Windows folder, where it
is used to record the activity of scheduled tasks. You can use the log file
to determine why a task might have stopped, or to check on the status of a
task.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdo...

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Norma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been trying to schedule tasks (disk cleanup, virus
> scan, ect) to run at night. I keep getting an error
> message 0X80070005 access is denied, No premission to
> proform task. It ask for the system administrator to do
> it. I'm the only one who use this computer. How do I find
> the system administrator, where I can change to my name?
> Thanks for any help.
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 1:07:02 AM

I'm having the same problem. Here is Microsofts answer.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884573

Good luck!

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi Norma,
>
> Task Scheduler Does Not Run Tasks When "Run As" User Account Has No Password
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311119
>
> “0x80070005: Access is denied" error message when you create a scheduled
> task in Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884573
>
> Troubleshoot Scheduled Tasks in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308558
>
> This log file for Scheduled Tasks is stored in the Windows folder, where it
> is used to record the activity of scheduled tasks. You can use the log file
> to determine why a task might have stopped, or to check on the status of a
> task.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdo...
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Norma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been trying to schedule tasks (disk cleanup, virus
> > scan, ect) to run at night. I keep getting an error
> > message 0X80070005 access is denied, No premission to
> > proform task. It ask for the system administrator to do
> > it. I'm the only one who use this computer. How do I find
> > the system administrator, where I can change to my name?
> > Thanks for any help.

Anonymous
September 6, 2005 9:09:22 PM

I guess there is some sort of hotfix for this problem. I have the same
problem. I also don't have administrative tools in my start>allprograms
folder. Why is this. I am running Windows XP Prof. sp2, Is it the way I
installed windows? I installed it as a home user....
--
AL

!