Sign in with
Your question

I can view pictures on my sd card on the camera but not on the computer what cou

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
June 4, 2012 8:53:41 AM

I cannot view pictures from my sd card on any computer even when I use a usb cable but the pictures can be viewed on the camera, what could be the problem and what should I do?
June 4, 2012 9:04:35 AM

Odd!

1.You're not getting admin privaleges messages, are you?
2. What is your camera model?
3. Can you copy the pictures to your pc?
4. try opening any picture viewer program you have installed, then, navigating to your SD card and viewing the pics - does this work? If not, what message do you get?
m
l
January 31, 2013 10:52:06 PM

I ran into the same problem today! It took me forever to figure it out but it ended up being very simple. I accidentally had the camera mode set to "clipboard" when I was taking the pictures. This saves the pictures to the camera and not the SD card. I had to select each picture individually and save it to the SD card on the camera before transferring the SD card to the computer.
m
l
Related resources
April 5, 2013 9:12:55 AM

evenifa said:
I cannot view pictures from my sd card on any computer even when I use a usb cable but the pictures can be viewed on the camera, what could be the problem and what should I do?

m
l
June 21, 2013 7:43:43 AM

So card reader doesn't work? Hmm. plugged in correctly? hmmm. what format pictures? some cameras have weird ARW formats, like mine.
m
l
July 16, 2013 9:37:12 AM

evenifa said:

m
l
July 17, 2013 1:03:14 PM

GOT IT!!!!

Your pictures are not on the SD card, but on the camera itself. In order to view them. Remove the SD card, then attack the camera to the PC via USB cable
m
l
!