Printing a PRN file

a b D Laptop
April 13, 2005 7:24:42 PM

Is there anyone that knows how to print a PRN file to a printer that has
been
setup on a TCP/IP LPR port?

Here is my setup:

Wireless Laptop, Wireless Router and Wireless Printer Server. Both the
Router and Printer Server are located in the same room so I have the two
connected with a network cable, the Laptop is in another room. My printer is
an Epson which has been setup on the Laptop using a TCP/IP LPR port NOT the
usual LPT port.

Thanks!
Crazy_Bob

More about : printing prn file

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 14, 2005 10:56:48 PM

ello bob
i don't know that you can necessarily do this. i seem to recall that if
you had a directly connected printer (serial or parallel) you could use
the DOS copy command to copy the prn file to the printer.
unless you find some kind of utility to handle the prn file and even
then it may not see the networked print server.
if i come across a solution on my travels i'll post it here.

Brush-Head

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights"

John Paul Getty 1892 - 1976

Crazy_Bob wrote:
> Is there anyone that knows how to print a PRN file to a printer that has
> been
> setup on a TCP/IP LPR port?
>
> Here is my setup:
>
> Wireless Laptop, Wireless Router and Wireless Printer Server. Both the
> Router and Printer Server are located in the same room so I have the two
> connected with a network cable, the Laptop is in another room. My printer is
> an Epson which has been setup on the Laptop using a TCP/IP LPR port NOT the
> usual LPT port.
>
> Thanks!
> Crazy_Bob

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 18, 2005 10:35:13 AM

if you have acrobat distiller, open the prn file with that and create the
pdf.you should then easily print that

--
"Display tolerance & kindness to those with less
knowledge than you because there is ALWAYS

!