Is the Microsoft MN 520 Adaptor WPA compatible

spacemonkey

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2004

Hi,

I am try to connect to a wireless network using a MN-520 adaptor however my
network uses WPA security and the MS Broadband Network Utility gives the
error "The selected network requires WPA security, which is not supported by
the MS Broadband Network Utility."

I am using Notebook Adaptor MN-520 driver 3.1.3.31 and Broadband Network
Utility software version 2.2.0.731. Is it possible to get the adaptor to
support WPA by downloading a new driver/software?

Thanks,

Andy.

if you are running Windows XP, yes. you can't use the MSBN utility to
configure the card. Uninstall it and use the native wireless zero
config features of Windows XP.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist