My Recent Documents "Second Posting"

Hi Group

I am running Windows XP Pro with SP-2 built in (that is how my retail copy
came). I've run into a new problem. Until recently after saving a document
file or picture file, if I wanted to reaccess those files quickly I could
go:

Start, Documents and those saved documents or pictures would be listed
there. As of a few days ago, I no longer have that option. After saving
something it is no longer displayed in that location. I have tried the
following:

To show your most recently used documents on the Start menu
1.. Right-click the Start button, and then click Properties.
2.. On the Start Menu tab, click Start menu, and then click Customize.
3.. On the Advanced tab, select the List my most recently opened documents
check box.
The next time you click Start, the My Recent Documents folder is on the
Start menu. This folder contains the documents and files you opened recently

I have checked and unchecked that check box until I am blue in the face and
My Recent Documents listing will not appear. Does anyone out there have an
answer.

Eric

kangaroo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On the General tab (not the Advanced tab) is "Number of programs on Start
menu" zero?

"Eric J. Groves" <e-address suppressed> wrote in

> Hi Group
>
> I am running Windows XP Pro with SP-2 built in (that is how my retail
> copy came). I've run into a new problem. Until recently after saving
> a document file or picture file, if I wanted to reaccess those files
> quickly I could go:
>
> Start, Documents and those saved documents or pictures would be
> listed there. As of a few days ago, I no longer have that option.
> After saving something it is no longer displayed in that location. I
> have tried the following:
>
> To show your most recently used documents on the Start menu
> 1.. Right-click the Start button, and then click Properties.
> 2.. On the Start Menu tab, click Start menu, and then click
> Customize. 3.. On the Advanced tab, select the List my most recently
> opened
> documents check box.
> The next time you click Start, the My Recent Documents folder is on
> the Start menu. This folder contains the documents and files you
> opened recently
>

> I have checked and unchecked that check box until I am blue in the
> face and My Recent Documents listing will not appear. Does anyone
> out there have an answer.
>

> Eric

TRENDING THREADS