dll error message

I keep getting a message similar to the following.....

C:\WINDOWS\System32\D3DIM700.DLL
Asks me to check this file against my installation disk.

What does this mean and how do I do the check and 'reinstall', short of
reinstalling XP from the beginning?

Thanks

Bill

You might want to run System File Checker. Go to Start -> Run and
type sfc /scannow in the Open box. Click OK. You may have to
provide access to your XP installation CD.

Take a look here for more info:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=system+file+checker
--
Nepatsfan
"Bill Fitzgerald" <wmfitzgerald@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I keep getting a message similar to the following.....
>
> C:\WINDOWS\System32\D3DIM700.DLL
> Asks me to check this file against my installation disk.
>
> What does this mean and how do I do the check and 'reinstall',
> short of reinstalling XP from the beginning?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill

Thanks Nepatsfan

Worked like a charm and made my PC twice as fast. Might be worth a monthly
task.

Bill

"Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
> You might want to run System File Checker. Go to Start -> Run and type sfc
> /scannow in the Open box. Click OK. You may have to provide access to your
> XP installation CD.
>
> Take a look here for more info:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747
>

> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=system+file+checker
> --
> Nepatsfan
> "Bill Fitzgerald" <wmfitzgerald@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I keep getting a message similar to the following.....
>>
>> C:\WINDOWS\System32\D3DIM700.DLL
>> Asks me to check this file against my installation disk.
>>
>> What does this mean and how do I do the check and 'reinstall', short of
>> reinstalling XP from the beginning?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Bill

Glad to hear you've got that fixed.

--
> Thanks Nepatsfan
>
> Worked like a charm and made my PC twice as fast. Might be
> worth a monthly task.
>
> Bill
>
> "Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
>> You might want to run System File Checker. Go to Start -> Run
>> and type sfc /scannow in the Open box. Click OK. You may have
>> to provide access to your XP installation CD.
>>
>> Take a look here for more info:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747
>>

>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=system+file+checker
>> --
>> Nepatsfan
>> "Bill Fitzgerald" <wmfitzgerald@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>I keep getting a message similar to the following.....
>>>
>>> C:\WINDOWS\System32\D3DIM700.DLL
>>> Asks me to check this file against my installation disk.
>>>
>>> What does this mean and how do I do the check and
>>> 'reinstall', short of reinstalling XP from the beginning?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Bill

TRENDING THREADS