display problem

> Windows media player 10 plays audio files but lately when I try to
> play videos it locks up and I get a message saying the driver nv4
_disp
> for >
display device is not working. Device manager indicates the driver
i> s
working. The screen resolution changes to the lowest setting also.>
Is
this hardware or a driver problem?
1 answer Last reply
More about display problem

    Try updating the display driver for your video card. You may have the
    version of the driver that came with Windows and not the driver specified by
    your hardware manufacturer or your pc manufacturer. If you have a brand name
    PC (Dell, HP, IBM, etc) check the manufacturers’ website for an OEM driver.
    If you bought your video card from a retailer (like CompUSA, Fry's, etc) then
    you can check the video card manufacturers’ site for an updated driver.

    Also, you can adjust the video acceleration in Windows Media Player 10 by
    doing the following:

    From Windows Media Player 10
    Tools
    Click on the Performance Tab and then adjust the slider bar under Video
    Acceleration.
    Click OK to apply the changes and close.

    Hope this helps!

    "garyw" wrote:

    > > Windows media player 10 plays audio files but lately when I try to
    > > play videos it locks up and I get a message saying the driver nv4
    > _disp
    > > for >
    > display device is not working. Device manager indicates the driver
    > i> s
    > working. The screen resolution changes to the lowest setting also.>
    > Is
    > this hardware or a driver problem?

Windows XP Displays