display problem

April 14, 2005 1:18:09 AM

> Windows media player 10 plays audio files but lately when I try to
> play videos it locks up and I get a message saying the driver nv4
_disp
> for >
display device is not working. Device manager indicates the driver
i> s
working. The screen resolution changes to the lowest setting also.>
Is
this hardware or a driver problem?

More about : display problem

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 1:13:04 PM

Try updating the display driver for your video card. You may have the
version of the driver that came with Windows and not the driver specified by
your hardware manufacturer or your pc manufacturer. If you have a brand name
PC (Dell, HP, IBM, etc) check the manufacturers’ website for an OEM driver.
If you bought your video card from a retailer (like CompUSA, Fry's, etc) then
you can check the video card manufacturers’ site for an updated driver.

Also, you can adjust the video acceleration in Windows Media Player 10 by
doing the following:

From Windows Media Player 10
Tools
Click on the Performance Tab and then adjust the slider bar under Video
Acceleration.
Click OK to apply the changes and close.

Hope this helps!

!