menu selection shortcuts (underlined letters) missing

Can anyone tell me how to get the letters in the menus to show the
underline under the letter that will activate the selection? Does
that make sense? I'll try to make it clearer.

On my XP pro machine, one letter in each menu and submenu item (i.e.
File, Edit, View etc.in IE or OE) is underlined indicating that it is
a keyboard shortcut. These underlined letters do not appear on
hubby's machine (same OS). I know I read some time ago about how to
set this, but I can't find it for love or money.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks,

Lorraine

Jd

Try this. Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearance | Effects | Uncheck
"Hide underlined letters..."
"Lorraine W" <ltw@?_telus.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how to get the letters in the menus to show the
> underline under the letter that will activate the selection? Does that
> make sense? I'll try to make it clearer.
> On my XP pro machine, one letter in each menu and submenu item (i.e. File,
> Edit, View etc.in IE or OE) is underlined indicating that it is a keyboard
> shortcut. These underlined letters do not appear on hubby's machine (same
> OS). I know I read some time ago about how to set this, but I can't find
> it for love or money.
> Anyone know the answer to this?
> Thanks,
> Lorraine

It worked. My mind wasn't in gear I guess. Didn't think about
looking at desktop properties. Don't know what I'd do without these
newsgroups!

Thanks JD!

"JD" <Erehwon@Example.com> wrote in message
| Try this. Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearance | Effects |
Uncheck
| "Hide underlined letters..."
| "Lorraine W" <ltw@?_telus.net> wrote in message
| > Can anyone tell me how to get the letters in the menus to show the
| > underline under the letter that will activate the selection? Does
that
| > make sense? I'll try to make it clearer.
| > On my XP pro machine, one letter in each menu and submenu item
(i.e. File,
| > Edit, View etc.in IE or OE) is underlined indicating that it is a
keyboard
| > shortcut. These underlined letters do not appear on hubby's
machine (same
| > OS). I know I read some time ago about how to set this, but I
can't find
| > it for love or money.
| > Anyone know the answer to this?
| > Thanks,
| > Lorraine

Jd

Glad I could help. These ngs have also helped me many times.