Bearsden Old Boys

Last response: in Video Games
February 2, 2005 12:45:51 AM

Greets

I've taken a leaf out of Edu's book and created a brand new club. This time
the club are based in Glasgow and will start in the Scottish 3rd Division.

When Cowdenbeath are expelled from the Scottish 3rd Division for financial
irregularities, Scottish sports wear tycoon, Mike Ashley decides the time is
right for Bearsden Old Boys to be born. Enlisting the help of his celebrity
friends Sean Connery and Rod Stewart, the shy 39 year old self made
multi-millionaire sets about creating the club. Firstly he arranges for
Bearsden to share the famous Hampden Park with Queen's Park for 2 seasons,
until Dunlop Arena can be built.

He then enlists the help of another celebrity friend, Ally McCoist, who he
names as Director of Football. The Scottish striking legend recommends the
young unknown Scottish manager Hamish McJock, too steer the club. Stating
that as it's a new club the manager should be new to the game as well.

http://img1.imagevenue.com/loc120/812_Club_info.JPG

With the Chairman and share holders giving McJock the generous budget of
£100 million to run the club and a transfer kitty of £50 million, the public
eagerly await Mcjocks first signings. First through the door is Frank
Burrows, the experienced manager, who will act as McJocks number 2.

His first playing staff signing is Phil Babb, the experienced Irish DC,
followed closely by Richie Partridge, the young Irish winger was
disillusioned with life at Liverpool, and where else better to revive your
career, than at a brand new club.

Maurice Ross soon followed from Rangers and Mark Burchill from Portsmouth.
McJock then showed his shrewdness by tapping into the Scandinavian youth
market. He also uses his knowledge gained from playing Championship
Manager, a popular football management computer game, to sign Jákup á Borg,
Stewart Greacen and Jóhan Pórhallsson.

Transfers:
http://img2.imagevenue.com/loc198/619_Transfers.JPG

The club did remarkable well in the league, but lost in the first rounds of
the Challenge Cup and the League Cup.

Sitting a top the table come January, McJock brought in Allan McGregor from
Rangers, to take over from young Devlin, who had done a good job between the
sticks. But McJock decided a more experienced keeper was needed. Along
with 4 signings from Scandinavia, to bolster the reserves, the team was
starting to take shape.

One of the highlights of the season was the 4th round of the Scottish cup.
Bearsden hosted Rangers at Hampden Park. To a record crowd of 12,571
Bearsden were outclassed and lost 1-5.

http://img3.imagevenue.com/loc231/9e3_cup_4th_round.JPG

The major surprise in the team was Kristian Bergstrom, signed from
Atvidaberg for £24K, the 30 year old Swede was setting the 3rd division
alight with his work rate and performances. Setting himself up to be one of
the Legends of the newly founded club.

After the disappointment of the cup defeat, The Bears suffered a surprise
defeat away to Gretna, to end an 18 game unbeaten run in the league. The
squad picked them selves up and were back to winning ways with a 4-0 win at
home to East Stirling the very next game.

And that's pretty much how they team continued, suffering only 1 more loss
all season, a total of 3 in the league and 3 in cup competition.
The Bearsden Old Boys finished top of Scottish Division 3 in there inaugural
year. Scoring 70 goals and amassing 81 points, 18 points clear of East Fife
in second place.

http://img2.imagevenue.com/loc207/181_Div3end.JPG

Preferred team and formation:
http://img1.imagevenue.com/loc102/30a_Prefered_team__fo...

Division 3 Annual awards:
http://img1.imagevenue.com/loc180/2ea_MotY.JPG
http://img1.imagevenue.com/loc132/a96_PotY.JPG
http://www.imagevenue.com/loc250/6a6_TotY.JPG

McJock has promised some more signings to bolster the squad for the forth
coming Division 2 campaign. And has promised to get value for money, as the
club battles against low supporter turn out blighting the Scottish lower
divisions.

Season 2 to follow soon

Cheers

Hamish

--
Go Strugglers

More about : bearsden boys

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 2:14:38 AM

Mikael Schøler wrote:
> Hamish wrote:
>> Greets
>

>> Preferred team and formation:
>> http://img1.imagevenue.com/loc102/30a_Prefered_team__fo...
> Allthough Borg is a AM/F RC you played him on the left?

Yeah, funnily enough he was better on the left than Partridge, who is an AM
RL
Go figure ;-)

Cheers

Hamish

--
Go Strugglers
February 2, 2005 12:11:25 PM

Em Tue, 1 Feb 2005 21:45:51 -0000, Hamish <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom>
escreveu:

> [...]
> The Bearsden Old Boys finished top of Scottish Division 3 in there
> inaugural
> year. Scoring 70 goals and amassing 81 points, 18 points clear of East
> Fife
> in second place.
>
> http://img2.imagevenue.com/loc207/181_Div3end.JPG
>
> Preferred team and formation:
> http://img1.imagevenue.com/loc102/30a_Prefered_team__fo...
>
> Division 3 Annual awards:
> http://img1.imagevenue.com/loc180/2ea_MotY.JPG
> http://img1.imagevenue.com/loc132/a96_PotY.JPG
> http://www.imagevenue.com/loc250/6a6_TotY.JPG
>

> McJock has promised some more signings to bolster the squad for the forth
> coming Division 2 campaign. And has promised to get value for money, as
> the
> club battles against low supporter turn out blighting the Scottish lower

great stuff Hamish, and I surely envy your language skills :-)

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> Em Tue, 1 Feb 2005 21:45:51 -0000, Hamish
> <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> escreveu:

<snip>

> great stuff Hamish, and I surely envy your language skills :-)

He's Scottish so he's still learning himself.....

--
----------- Daniel -----------

-------------- FORZA ARSENAL --------------
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 11:02:08 PM

Daniel Marsh wrote:
> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>> Em Tue, 1 Feb 2005 21:45:51 -0000, Hamish
>> <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> escreveu:
>>
> <snip>
>>
>> great stuff Hamish, and I surely envy your language skills :-)
>
> He's Scottish so he's still learning himself.....

:-p

The day you stop learning is the day you die. But why I have to keep
learning that life kicks you in the nuts when you're down, I don't know ;-)

Cheers

Hamish

--
Go Strugglers
Anonymous

Hamish wrote:
> Daniel Marsh wrote:
>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>> Em Tue, 1 Feb 2005 21:45:51 -0000, Hamish
>>> <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> escreveu:
>>>
>> <snip>
>>>
>>> great stuff Hamish, and I surely envy your language skills :-)
>>
>> He's Scottish so he's still learning himself.....
>
> :-p
>
> The day you stop learning is the day you die. But why I have to keep
> learning that life kicks you in the nuts when you're down, I don't
> know ;-)

Cos life is a bird and doesn't realise how much it hurts?

--
----------- Daniel -----------

-------------- FORZA ARSENAL --------------
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 11:47:49 AM

Em Thu, 3 Feb 2005 19:16:34 +0000 (UTC), Daniel Marsh
<danmaruk@NOSPAMbtopenworld.com> escreveu:

> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>> Em Tue, 1 Feb 2005 21:45:51 -0000, Hamish
>> <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> escreveu:
>>
> <snip>
>>
>> great stuff Hamish, and I surely envy your language skills :-)
>
> He's Scottish so he's still learning himself.....

lol, he usually tell me that, but for sure I'm way behind him.

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 11:19:25 PM

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> Em Thu, 3 Feb 2005 19:16:34 +0000 (UTC), Daniel Marsh
> <danmaruk@NOSPAMbtopenworld.com> escreveu:
>
>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>> Em Tue, 1 Feb 2005 21:45:51 -0000, Hamish
>>> <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> escreveu:
>>>
>> <snip>
>>>
>>> great stuff Hamish, and I surely envy your language skills :-)
>>
>> He's Scottish so he's still learning himself.....
>>

> lol, he usually tell me that, but for sure I'm way behind him.

You can't be THAT far behind...

--

!