Battery Voltage Low???

I am reposting this request for help. For some reason my posts do not appear
the first time, not even after two days.

Had this problem once before on boot up, but can't find the fix for it. On
boot up, I get the message that says "battery voltage low" and I have to hit
F1 to continue or F2 for setup. My battery voltage is NOT low. Does anyone
have the solution to this as it's quite annoying to have the boot stop and
wait for the F1 command? I promise NOT to lose the solution again. Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about battery voltage

    "nybarton" <nybarton@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >I am reposting this request for help. For some reason my posts do not
    >appear the first time, not even after two days.
    >
    > Had this problem once before on boot up, but can't find the fix for it.
    > On boot up, I get the message that says "battery voltage low" and I have
    > to hit F1 to continue or F2 for setup. My battery voltage is NOT low.
    > Does anyone have the solution to this as it's quite annoying to have the
    > boot stop and
    > wait for the F1 command? I promise NOT to lose the solution again.
    > Thanks.

    This is a repost of my reply to your initial post: Just a guess, but is it
    referring to your CMOS battery and might therefore be an early indication
    that it needs changing?

    The message is generated from your BIOS, so it has nothing to do with
    Windows XP. Unless you have removed the CMOS battery (if its a laptop this
    is different from the removable battery) and tested it under load, can you
    be sure that its voltage isn't low?

    Having done a little research since my last posting, a number of people with
    Dell computers/laptops seem to have reported this message. In each case the
    only reliable solution appeared to be to replace the cmos battery.

    Brian

    www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian, thank you for your response, but I know for a fact that my battery
    voltage is NOT low as my computer is only a little over a year old. This
    boot up message only appeared this past week after downloading and
    installing a couple of different programs. I had this problem once before
    when my Dell was only a few months old, so I know it's not the battery. At
    that time, someone had the solution for the problem which, if I remember
    correctly, did not involve the CMOS. But, unfortunately, I did not save it
    the solution. Can you think of anything else besides CMOS? Thanks.

    > Brian, thank you for your response, but I know for a fact that my battery
    > voltage is NOT low as my computer is only a little over a year old.
    No, you do not know for a fact that your battery voltage is not low from the
    mere fact that your computer is only a year or so old.
    Jim

    "nybarton" <nybarton@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > Brian, thank you for your response, but I know for a fact that my battery
    > voltage is NOT low as my computer is only a little over a year old. This
    > boot up message only appeared this past week after downloading and
    > installing a couple of different programs. I had this problem once before
    > when my Dell was only a few months old, so I know it's not the battery.
    > At that time, someone had the solution for the problem which, if I
    > remember correctly, did not involve the CMOS. But, unfortunately, I did
    > not save it the solution. Can you think of anything else besides CMOS?
    > Thanks.

    As I understand it, the message is being generated by your BIOS, so I think
    its very unlikely to be related with anything you have downloaded or
    installed (unless you did a bios update?).

    If you think there is a solution which doesn't involve the bios, take a look
    at
    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_bios&message.id=34878.
    The bit of interest (quote):

    I spoke to Dell about the problem via online chat. The tech suggested I do
    this...

    Go into system setup
    Press down key to highlight maintenance
    Press down key to highlight load defaults
    In the right pane highlight continue and hit enter
    Press the enter key, highlight yes, and press enter again
    Press F10 key then press enter
    Exit and reboot

    (end quote)

    Not having a dell, this doesn't mean much to me, but it might make sense to
    you - but if you don't have a dell I suppose it won't either!

    I hope you get to the bottom of it,

    regards,

    Brian.

Battery Boot Microsoft Windows XP