TECH: Splatterhouse fixed almost!

The problem with my Splatterhouse PCB was a bad 74244 between the main CPU
nad the program ROM's it also had a bad CPU Ram. Now the game plays fine but
the sounds are very quiet, you can hear a loud background noise so the amp
is working fine I also tried the speaker on the right Amp and that is also
quiet. Any ideas as to what the problem could be?
1 answer Last reply
More about tech splatterhouse fixed almost

    simon wrote:
    > The problem with my Splatterhouse PCB was a bad 74244 between the
    main CPU
    > nad the program ROM's it also had a bad CPU Ram. Now the game plays
    fine but
    > the sounds are very quiet, you can hear a loud background noise so
    the amp
    > is working fine I also tried the speaker on the right Amp and that is
    also
    > quiet. Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

    Look in the audio section. See if there is an LM324 or similar part.
    That part aids in the audio amplification. Maybe it's a preamp or
    somthing. Anyway, I have found that part to be sensitive and since it
    looks like your board suffered from a spike in power, maybe it took
    that chip out.

    Dave

Video Games