I have a client that just upgraded her MSN IM to the latest flavor, believe
it's 7.

now she is unable to receive file transfers through IM.
checked the XP stock firewall and it's set ok, seems to me that it must be
the hardware firewall in the router.
now why they would require a new port to be opened is beyond me, but that's
the impression I get.

anyone run into this yet?
need to know what port to open for them to be able to transfer files again.

Thanks

there's something called Stuffplug for Messnger Plus! and ges MsgPlus! at
msgplus.net. For the stuffplug....I forgot so google it. P.S. if MS
Antispyware says MsgPlus! is spyware well its NOT! P.S.S. DO NOT INSTALL THE
TOOLBAR!

"EasyFeelings" wrote:

> I have a client that just upgraded her MSN IM to the latest flavor, believe
> it's 7.
>
> now she is unable to receive file transfers through IM.
> checked the XP stock firewall and it's set ok, seems to me that it must be
> the hardware firewall in the router.
> now why they would require a new port to be opened is beyond me, but that's
> the impression I get.
>
> anyone run into this yet?
> need to know what port to open for them to be able to transfer files again.
>
> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS