Windows Explorer - missing FILE menu

I am running Windows XP Home with SP2. When I run Windows Explorer or My
Computer there is no 'FILE' menu on the toolbar, hence Print and everything
else under File is also missing. Trouble is I can't remember when it was last
there & system restore doesn't work. I'm sure there is a setting somewhere
but I just can't find it.

Type in Start/Run

grpconv

If that does not help, click Start,Run and type REGEDIT
Navigate to:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
In the right-pane, delete the "NoFileMenu" value.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"The Coordinator" <The Coordinator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:3AD9FE47-F108-42AD-8D5A-6C359F2B9E59@microsoft.com...
>I am running Windows XP Home with SP2. When I run Windows Explorer or My
> Computer there is no 'FILE' menu on the toolbar, hence Print and
> everything
> else under File is also missing. Trouble is I can't remember when it was
> last
> there & system restore doesn't work. I'm sure there is a setting somewhere
> but I just can't find it.

More Info:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/93517.asp