Arsenal vs Man Utd

Can I just say, regardless of the result, that is one of the best
ninety minutes of football I have seen in a long time. OK, it was
heated, but the passion and skill on show was awesome.

On to the game, United deserved it (even though I do say so myself).
They were brilliant in the second half and Arsenal dwindled when the
pressure was really on them. Ronaldo was excellant after a poor first
45, and Giggs showed why he wants to stay at United. O'Shea's fourth
was amazinng, a top-class finish from a defender.

Arsenal were unluckly, Pires should have had a penalty. However,
Cole's disgusting dive in the first couple of minutes didn't help
their appeal. Vieria's cheap attempt to get Rooney red-carded was
also awful. United played hard, as in the first game, and at times
the tackles were dirty. Having said that, the foul count was around
even, so Arsenal can have no complaints.

Arsenal lost their title back at Old Trafford, and were prenounced
dead tonight. Why, with such good players, did they let that OT
result get to them so much? Surely they are better than that. United
lost the title a long time ago and, despite the great form, they have
no chance. It is Chelsea's year and, with a combination of great
coaching and an unbeatable budget, it could be their decade.

Signing off...

P.S. Rooney taunting Pires was one of the funniest things I have seen
in ages. Anyone who moans about Pires' failed penalty appeal should
remember Portsmouth...
6 answers Last reply
More about arsenal

    > Can I just say, regardless of the result, that is one of the best
    > ninety minutes of football I have seen in a long time.

    <snip>

    I do agree with pretty much everything you said. As I was distracted during
    the game I can't remember the specific Pires appeal for a penalty but
    everything seemed to even out so it was OK. There can't really be any
    complaints from either side about refereeing or consistency as it all seemed
    to be fair. One thing that stood out from the rest was the reaffirmation of
    Silvestre as a liability. He was average at best until he headbutted (light
    but there was contact) an opposition player 2 feet from the ref. How stupid
    can you be?!? I wouldn't be surprised if he were one of the first out the
    door come the summer when United really need to reorganise the defence.
    Heinze was his passionate best tonight. He's getting better and better.

    Dy

    Dynamic Forward wrote:
    >> Can I just say, regardless of the result, that is one of the best
    >> ninety minutes of football I have seen in a long time.
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > I do agree with pretty much everything you said. As I was distracted
    > during the game I can't remember the specific Pires appeal for a
    > penalty but everything seemed to even out so it was OK. There can't
    > really be any complaints from either side about refereeing or
    > consistency as it all seemed to be fair. One thing that stood out
    > from the rest was the reaffirmation of Silvestre as a liability. He
    > was average at best until he headbutted (light but there was contact)
    > an opposition player 2 feet from the ref. How stupid can you be?!? I
    > wouldn't be surprised if he were one of the first out the door come
    > the summer when United really need to reorganise the defence. Heinze
    > was his passionate best tonight. He's getting better and better.

    It was nice of the BBC to remove all evidence of Cole's dive, though it was
    nice of Sky to limit the BBC to just 10mins of highlights for the game, good
    thing Sky phoned me up and offered my a 2 month trial to the Sports and
    Movie Channels :-).

    Hopefully in the Summer we can buy a decent defender to replace Silvestre
    his mistake's could have cost us a penalty and the victory, but seeing as
    how O'Shea seems to think he is a striker now, it looks like were stuck with
    Silvestre :-) As no doubt Wes Brown is due another injury.

    All we need to do now is pray Blackburn take some thing from Chelsea. Or the
    FA decide to dock them some points :-)

    --
    Michael Murray

    "PivotalG" <pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com> wrote in message
    > > P.S. Rooney taunting Pires was one of the funniest things I have seen
    > in ages. Anyone who moans about Pires' failed penalty appeal should
    > remember Portsmouth...

    What was all that about? Rooney taunting Pires by rubbing his chin???

    Dan

    Em 1 Feb 2005 22:51:32 GMT, PivotalG <pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com>
    escreveu:

    > Can I just say, regardless of the result, that is one of the best
    > ninety minutes of football I have seen in a long time. OK, it was
    > heated, but the passion and skill on show was awesome.
    >
    > On to the game, United deserved it (even though I do say so myself).
    > They were brilliant in the second half and Arsenal dwindled when the
    > pressure was really on them. Ronaldo was excellant after a poor first
    > 45, and Giggs showed why he wants to stay at United. O'Shea's fourth
    > was amazinng, a top-class finish from a defender.
    >
    > Arsenal were unluckly, Pires should have had a penalty. However,
    > Cole's disgusting dive in the first couple of minutes didn't help
    > their appeal. Vieria's cheap attempt to get Rooney red-carded was
    > also awful. United played hard, as in the first game, and at times
    > the tackles were dirty. Having said that, the foul count was around
    > even, so Arsenal can have no complaints.
    >
    > Arsenal lost their title back at Old Trafford, and were prenounced
    > dead tonight. Why, with such good players, did they let that OT
    > result get to them so much? Surely they are better than that. United
    > lost the title a long time ago and, despite the great form, they have
    > no chance. It is Chelsea's year and, with a combination of great
    > coaching and an unbeatable budget, it could be their decade.
    >
    > Signing off...
    >
    > P.S. Rooney taunting Pires was one of the funniest things I have seen
    > in ages. Anyone who moans about Pires' failed penalty appeal should
    > remember Portsmouth...

    Haven't watched the game, but can talk something about Chelsea.
    I'm glad Chelsea kept off the transfer window, and as per Kenyon last
    statements now it's real time for the blues,...to buy any new player we
    need to sell first.
    He also have informed Chelsea are in force to have a break even balance
    within next 5 years, something only possible due Roman attributes, but
    anyway push us back to some realism.
    I truly hope Chelsea will won the title after 50 years, as we really have
    a good team, and if there is any true that Adriano will come next season,
    The Blues will have the only missing piece.
    Adidas deal added great value to our incomes, keeping a UCL spot, TV
    revenues, increasing merchandising and future savings after our new
    training ground (self made players) are the path for a healthy long life..
    Just wish one day Chelsea will have the same level of United, a great club
    with successful records and a passionate fans base world wide.

    cheers
    Edu

    --
    The Brazilian Man
    * before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of

    > All we need to do now is pray Blackburn take some thing from Chelsea. Or
    > the
    > FA decide to dock them some points :-)

    that we might loose something to Rovers ok, but don't pray for FA to help
    your mission. :-)

    --

    "Daniel Marsh" <danmaruk@NOSPAMbtopenworld.com> wrote in message
    > PivotalG wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > I went tonight and I could get into a heated debate with Man Utd
    > supporters
    > like I usually do, but I'm pissed off and it wouldn't do anyone any good
    > for
    > me to rant and rave over my opinion of what went on in the game.

    I don't think there's a lot to discuss really to be honest. In the first
    half I thought we'd lost it and there was still nothing to rant about other
    than Coles Dive, Pires should have had a pen and Viera trying to get Rooney
    booked.

Games Video Games