Firewall not working on start up!

Mike

Splendid

Whenever I turn on or re-boot my system my firewall is turned off. Once I
activate it again it's fine, but it is annoying. I was hoping someone might
know what is causing this and how I might go about fixing it. I am using the
latest spy ware and have anti-virus software running, AVG, Adware Away,
Microsoft AntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, Spybot Search and Destroy and
Ad-aware. I'm using the firewall that runs through widows security centre. I
was running ZoneAlarm until it started messing up the access on my home
network. I still have the ZoneAlarm program on my system, I paid for the
pleasure and am reluctant to just delete it, is it possible that XP still
uses the firewall from ZoneAlarm even though I no longer start up the
program?

Mike, go to Start>Run type: msconfig Select Startup Tab. Uncheck
any Item there that refers to Zone Alarm.

"Mike" <walsh67@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> Whenever I turn on or re-boot my system my firewall is turned off. Once I
> activate it again it's fine, but it is annoying. I was hoping someone
> might know what is causing this and how I might go about fixing it. I am
> using the latest spy ware and have anti-virus software running, AVG,
> Adware Away, Microsoft AntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, Spybot Search and
> Destroy and Ad-aware. I'm using the firewall that runs through widows
> security centre. I was running ZoneAlarm until it started messing up the
> access on my home network. I still have the ZoneAlarm program on my
> system, I paid for the pleasure and am reluctant to just delete it, is it
> possible that XP still uses the firewall from ZoneAlarm even though I no
> longer start up the program?

Mike

Splendid

Thank you for your input Barry, I've taken a look at the Startup Tab in
msconfig as you suggested. Unfortunately there is no reference to Zone
Alarm. I took a look under the Services Tab and found Zone Alarm listed but
it's marked as 'stopped'.

Much Obliged
Mike
"Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> Mike, go to Start>Run type: msconfig Select Startup Tab. Uncheck
> any Item there that refers to Zone Alarm.
>

> "Mike" <walsh67@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
>> Whenever I turn on or re-boot my system my firewall is turned off. Once I
>> activate it again it's fine, but it is annoying. I was hoping someone
>> might know what is causing this and how I might go about fixing it. I am
>> using the latest spy ware and have anti-virus software running, AVG,
>> Adware Away, Microsoft AntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, Spybot Search and
>> Destroy and Ad-aware. I'm using the firewall that runs through widows
>> security centre. I was running ZoneAlarm until it started messing up the
>> access on my home network. I still have the ZoneAlarm program on my
>> system, I paid for the pleasure and am reluctant to just delete it, is it
>> possible that XP still uses the firewall from ZoneAlarm even though I no
>> longer start up the program?

TRENDING THREADS