install

GP

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

I have installed winXP on my PC .
At boot up I get a prompt of whether to start windows XP home or windows...
with 25 sec countsdwn

I dont want this screen to appear, what do i do to get rid of it this and
let it boot up without this screen?

Go to Start > Run and type: MSCONFIG , and hit enter.
Click on the BOOT.INI tab and then click on "Check All Boot Paths"
to delete incorrect boot paths.

If the above does not work for you, then:

Right-click MY COMPUTER and select:

Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings > Edit

CAREFULLY edit your boot.ini file to remove the SECOND entry.
Your boot.ini file should then look similar to this:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP