FX 5200 vs. TI4200 DVI question

quadpost

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2004
I'm in the process of configuring a purchased desktop, originally configured with an MSI FX5200 (128MB), likely for use with an NEC LCD 1760NX for the digital feature. With the information posted here, it seems the TI4200 is a better choice for the same price range. My hesitancy is rooted in a nasty problem with Dell, resulting in returing the Dimension 4600/1703FP inside the return period due to no-op of the DVI interface (powersave lockup).

Also, should I be concerned if I have a local computer store build up this config vs. Micron or other big house?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
Yeah, I'd definently go with Ti4200. And I would try to build it yourself, especially is you want to save money.

<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?michael:)" target="_new"> You Want To Click Me, Go Ahead:) </A>

quadpost

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2004
Thanks for the recommendation. After our experience with Dell and speaking to unhelpful folks around the world (literally), we did consider building the desktop ourselves. It appeared not worth the effort for a one-time event and the significant learning curve. However, if we wanted to reconsider, what's a good reference for a person somewhat handy but also wanting to keep my marriage intact?

TRENDING THREADS