Balloons

April 14, 2005 7:51:23 PM

I know there is a key in the registry to turn off the irritating balloons
that keep popping up, could anyone please let me know which one it is.

Mike Chambers

More about : balloons

Anonymous
April 14, 2005 7:51:24 PM

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

EnableBalloonTips

Change the value to 0

"Michael Chambers" wrote:

> I know there is a key in the registry to turn off the irritating balloons
> that keep popping up, could anyone please let me know which one it is.
>
> Mike Chambers

Anonymous
April 14, 2005 11:04:00 PM

Hi Mike,

HOW TO: Disable Notification Area Balloon Tips in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307729

TweakUI PowerToy can automate this. Download it from:
v2.00 for Windows XP/XP MCE
http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install...

v2.10 for Windows XP SP1/XP MCE/2003
http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9...