Balloons

I know there is a key in the registry to turn off the irritating balloons
that keep popping up, could anyone please let me know which one it is.

Mike Chambers
2 answers Last reply
More about balloons

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

    EnableBalloonTips

    Change the value to 0

    "Michael Chambers" wrote:

    > I know there is a key in the registry to turn off the irritating balloons
    > that keep popping up, could anyone please let me know which one it is.
    >
    > Mike Chambers

    Hi Mike,

    HOW TO: Disable Notification Area Balloon Tips in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307729

    TweakUI PowerToy can automate this. Download it from:
    v2.00 for Windows XP/XP MCE
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

    v2.10 for Windows XP SP1/XP MCE/2003
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Michael Chambers" <mikejan@otenet.gr> wrote in message
    >I know there is a key in the registry to turn off the irritating balloons
    >that keep popping up, could anyone please let me know which one it is.
    >
    > Mike Chambers

Support Microsoft Registry Windows XP