Zebreu

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2004
I recently upgraded my computer, and i am having some trouble with my new card. I bought a GeCube radeon 9600 XT 256DDR and some strange things are happening to me.

1st, windows detects two radeons (?) one AGP other PCI, it appears in the device manager as "RADEON 9600 SERIES (Secondary). Now, the card is AGP based, so i don't know what's happening. Any help would be wonderful.

And 2nd, i think the card is not as fast as it should. In 3dmark 2003 i only score 3107, which i think is a bad score IMHO. maybe's got something to do with the problem above.

The card is not overclocked and neither is the system.

My specs:
Asus P4P800 motherboard
P4 3.0Ghz processor
1024 MB DDRAM
Radeon 9600XT 256MB

<b><font color=red>we have explosive</font color=red></b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
First of all, that's how Windows handles the dual outputs of your card. There's nothing wrong, it simply treats the second output as a second card.

You should be getting slightly better 3DMark03 scores, try Catalyst 3.7.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

First the PCI and AGP is normal for windows. It's the way windows easily defnes the primary and secondary outputs. It's a common concern, but it's fine.

Second, download a program like rage3Dtweak and find out what your core/memory speeds are right out of the box. If you look at the Catalyst review you can see how my stok R9600Pro compares with my systems specs vs yours.

<A HREF="http://www.rage3d.com/index.php?node=r3dtweak" target="_new">Link to Rage3Dtweak</A>

Check under the "Overclock" tab to find your speeds.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

agcheavin

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004
Post your 2001 SE scores, I had a 9600 XT and can give you a comparison as to what mine were with a AMD 2700XP chip.

Gary

<font color=red>AMD 2700 XP<font color=red>
<font color=red>Gecube 9800 pro Extreme<font color=red>
<font color=blue>ASUS A7N8X deluxe<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>1024 meg Dual Channel DDR 3200<font color=blue>