Tech: Galaxian has extra shells falling

Hi, this is starting to annoy me now. Got the non-working Midway board
with an extra hack installed on it. Stripped it to Galaxian, joined up
clipped pins, etc. and got it to a working state.

But, the Galaxip has a missile hovering about 5mm above it that sits
there until the aliens drop their shells. The shells that drop fall
normally from the aliens, but an extra line of them fall directly above
the Galaxip as well. The extra line of shells follow the Galaxip
where-ever it is moved to. Galaxip blows up as per normal if it runs
into the aliens shells.

I've replaced the relevant IC's and a couple of others, and can't find
any smudged traces. Any idea's on how to get rid of these extra shells?
Can get a photo if needed.

Thanks,
Xygt

On 15 Mar 2005 20:21:03 -0800, xygt3@hotmail.com wrote:

>But, the Galaxip has a missile hovering about 5mm above it that sits
>there until the aliens drop their shells. The shells that drop fall
>normally from the aliens, but an extra line of them fall directly above
>the Galaxip as well. The extra line of shells follow the Galaxip
>where-ever it is moved to. Galaxip blows up as per normal if it runs
>into the aliens shells.

Check the 'mirrored shells' info here:

http://www.btinternet.com/~mike.coates/repair.htm