Screensaver & scheduled tasks

Just curious. I have started running backups & file compression (via batch
file) using the Task Scheduler. What happens when the screensaver is
running when the time arrives for a scheduled event?

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:36:06 -0500, "Michael Seidner"
<seidnerm@classicnet.net> wrote:

>Just curious. I have started running backups & file compression (via batch
>file) using the Task Scheduler. What happens when the screensaver is
>running when the time arrives for a scheduled event?

It'll still work. Just like if you leave the computer in the middle of
editing a Word document, the screensaver will come on but Word will still
be running - see? The screensaver shouldn't interfere with any tasks like
that, except if the screensaver is very CPU intensive it might slow down
those tasks.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

So you're saying that the screensaver continues to run? That's good because
I normally have the screensaver settings set to return to the "Welcome
Screen" upon exit (which might be a problem for the scheduled program
running at that time.)