Why does this happen?

I have BB
A BB modem/router connected to a
wireless router (802.11b early adopter)
Up to 5 machines connected at one time which are
2 win98
1 xp pro sp2 desktop
1 xp pro sp2 notebook
1 linux notebook

one specific site www.nsandi.com (national savings and investments) is
the issue.

the 2 win98 machines have no problem getting to the site
the desktop just gets site unavailable or is experiencing tech probs and
the usual "dns error"
the notebook has the same problem (it can get to the site when it's
connected via the Cisco VPN s/w but it's then going through another
proxy and dns setup on another site - so is a bit of a red herring

haven't tried linux notebook recently but has got to this site in past.

the desktop used to have the cisco vpn s/w installed.

Anyone any ideas - like where do I start?
--
Brush-Head

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights"

John Paul Getty 1892 - 1976

I am going to make an assumption that you can indeed surf to all other sites
you want to except for this one site.

If this is indeed the case, check any excluded ISP in hosts files of the
effected computers. Check the site to see if it requires certain ports to be
opened through the router or firewalls. Live Financial transactions and stock
tickers usually require this <just like many online games require ports to be
opened>.

Make sure your virus scanner is working correctly, then try and turn it off
and connect.
Make things simple: Turn off all programs. Once you can establish a
connection, you then can find a way to make the connection work with any
program that was stopping the connection.

I hope this gives you a plan of action. If you can't surf to any site and
not just this one, then it's a networking issue and best to be posted in that
user group.