windows server 2003 install trouble

zwaarst

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I wa trying to install windows server 2003 enterprice edition from the booteble CD, but just after de messege to press F6 for adisianal raid or scsi drivers i get de messege that the file acpi.sys is corrupt. I have tried to install it from windows 2000. but after the reboot, i get the same problem. when you install from windows 2000 the install program makes 2 directories. I replaced the acpi.sys in those directories with the one from win 2000 server. But also no luck, i got a littel bit futher in the install proces , but after a while I got the well known blue screen from windows :-(
My question is if soembody has a working windows 2003 server version (does not matter if it is normal, eneterprice or web) and can send me his acpi.sys . On the install CD it is called acpi.sy_

a way to download it somewhere is ofcourse also great.

thanx already

<font color=red>duk-tape is like the force, it has a bright side and a dark side, and it keeps the universe together.</font color=red>

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
heya zwaarst:

With win2k server you can press F-8 during initial installation and it will skip acpi during installation, then you can just install it later, im guessing 2003 is the same, give it a try.

XeeN

zwaarst

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
thanx for hint, i am going to try it.

I already worked around it, it got a good working version of the file, the only trouble was that you cant replace a file in an image, so i copied everything to the harddrive, and replaced the file there en did an install from my harddrive. The problem is that i have a cd with all 3 versions on it (standard, enterprice and Web). It is 1 cd, but when i copy it to my harddrive it becomes 1,6 Gb. Has that something to do with the minimum file size with NTFS ??

<font color=red>duk-tape is like the force, it has a bright side and a dark side, and it keeps the universe together.</font color=red>