I have shadows under all my icon titles on the desktop that make them hard
to read. I have turned off shadows and nothing changes. I can't find
anything else to change. I have updated my video card too. WinXP Pro.

--
Sussertown

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:49:53 -0600, "Asussertown"
<DROPsusertown@adelphia.net> wrote:

>I have shadows under all my icon titles on the desktop that make them hard
>to read. I have turned off shadows and nothing changes. I can't find
>anything else to change. I have updated my video card too. WinXP Pro.

Are you sure you disabled them? Control Panel>System>Advanced>Performance
Settings>Visual Effects>select Adjust for Best Performance.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Boy, that was good. Thank you. I have been looking in Display
Properties/Effects.
I forgot where all that other stuff was. Now, how can I get the brightness
slider to work again on Media Player? It springs back to center. I've never
seen this before.

--

"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:49:53 -0600, "Asussertown"
> <DROPsusertown@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>>I have shadows under all my icon titles on the desktop that make them hard
>>to read. I have turned off shadows and nothing changes. I can't find
>>anything else to change. I have updated my video card too. WinXP Pro.
>
> Are you sure you disabled them? Control Panel>System>Advanced>Performance
> Settings>Visual Effects>select Adjust for Best Performance.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
> http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:33:50 -0600, "Asussertown"
<DROPsusertown@adelphia.net> wrote:

>Boy, that was good. Thank you. I have been looking in Display
>Properties/Effects.
>I forgot where all that other stuff was. Now, how can I get the brightness
>slider to work again on Media Player? It springs back to center. I've never
>seen this before.

Don't know. I use Media Player Classic and set my brightness using the
video card's overlay setting.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/

Does anyone know if I can make the titles of the desktop icons transparent
without making the icons transparent?