Windows cannot determine the user or computer name (Access..

One of my XP SP2 workstations can no longer log into the domain. I can logon
as local admin, but cannot log into the domain with any authorized user ID.
I've checked all cabling...link lights all present. From the workstation I
can ping both the PDC and SDC. There are several errors in the event log.
Under Security I'm getting event ID 1807 and event ID 15. I'm also getting
event ID 40961. The last event ID is referencing a problem connecting to the
secondary domain controller. I can ping both the primary and secondary dc
from the workstation logged in locally as admin.

Can anyone offer insight into the errors? Thanks so much!

My best advice is to verify that your dns servers are correct. If this does
not work try removing yourself from the domain and then rejoining it. Is it
possible that an administrator deleted your computer account at the domain
level?

"darlad(no response)@amsmainline.com" wrote:

> One of my XP SP2 workstations can no longer log into the domain. I can logon
> as local admin, but cannot log into the domain with any authorized user ID.
> I've checked all cabling...link lights all present. From the workstation I
> can ping both the PDC and SDC. There are several errors in the event log.
> Under Security I'm getting event ID 1807 and event ID 15. I'm also getting
> event ID 40961. The last event ID is referencing a problem connecting to the
> secondary domain controller. I can ping both the primary and secondary dc
> from the workstation logged in locally as admin.
>
> Can anyone offer insight into the errors? Thanks so much!

Thank you SO MUCH! I had already verified that the DNS servers were correct,
but I did not think to remove the account from the domain, then rejoin. That
did it! Any idea what would cause that to just happen out of the blue?

"Jonathan Miller" wrote:

> My best advice is to verify that your dns servers are correct. If this does
> not work try removing yourself from the domain and then rejoining it. Is it
> possible that an administrator deleted your computer account at the domain
> level?
>
> "darlad(no response)@amsmainline.com" wrote:
>
> > One of my XP SP2 workstations can no longer log into the domain. I can logon
> > as local admin, but cannot log into the domain with any authorized user ID.
> > I've checked all cabling...link lights all present. From the workstation I
> > can ping both the PDC and SDC. There are several errors in the event log.
> > Under Security I'm getting event ID 1807 and event ID 15. I'm also getting
> > event ID 40961. The last event ID is referencing a problem connecting to the
> > secondary domain controller. I can ping both the primary and secondary dc
> > from the workstation logged in locally as admin.
> >
> > Can anyone offer insight into the errors? Thanks so much!

TRENDING THREADS