• 6 Awesome Robot Wars Match Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoUsE-WiZ

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
Money on Marvin over Bender.

If Marvin can sit around and wait for the end of the universe, I'm sure Bender would eventually just get bored of listening to "brain the size of the planet and here I am stuck in the ring with you", and forfeit to go steal something.

Wayoffbase

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]MoUsE-WiZ[/nom]Money on Marvin over Bender.If Marvin can sit around and wait for the end of the universe, I'm sure Bender would eventually just get bored of listening to "brain the size of the planet and here I am stuck in the ring with you", and forfeit to go steal something.[/citation]

I'll take that bet. A violent convicted felon over a lazy, whining pseudo-intellectual in the ring every time. Of course, if you think of Bender as being like Mike Tyson, he could blow it by doing something stupid like showing up sober or getting disqualified.

BillLake

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Where are the great robots, what about Gort from the original The Day the Earth Stood still? Robbie the Robot from Forbidden Planet? The Sentinals from X-Men 3, Sonny from I, Robot, or even the Fembots from Austin Powers. Come on lets have a real bracket of 16 and find out who wins. Since Gort can destroy planets, I think he has an upper hand but maybe other have a great idea for bracketing these and their favorites.

egbertattrick

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
A[citation][nom]billlake[/nom]Where are the great robots, what about Gort from the original The Day the Earth Stood still? Robbie the Robot from Forbidden Planet? The Sentinals from X-Men 3, Sonny from I, Robot, or even the Fembots from Austin Powers. Come on lets have a real bracket of 16 and find out who wins. Since Gort can destroy planets, I think he has an upper hand but maybe other have a great idea for bracketing these and their favorites.[/citation]

A bracket is a good idea!!

BillLake

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Bracket 1-16, since I suggested it, Gort is my number 1 seed. Since he can wipe out planets he is my hand on favorite to win any smackdown.

BillLake

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Gort has no emotions so he will not get depressed, he will just vaporize Marvin : )

[citation][nom]hemelskonijn[/nom]Marvin might depress the other bots even before the fight starts thus ensuring he will be the only one showing up and winning ![/citation]

Studly007

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2008
You guys call yourselves Sci-Fi fans, yet I didn't hear anyone give a shout-out to the darkest movie in the history of Disney - "The Black Hole" with BOB vs. Maximillian. OR - THE GREATEST movie in the history of Disney - TRON !! with the Recognizers ... or big dawg - THE MCP !!! Greetings Master Control. How 'bout Next Generation's DATA vs. Lore ? I know - the Borg don't count because they are technically cybernetic organisms (more human than robot - as opposed to T800). By the way - where's Robert Patrick's T-1000 ? or (for you TRUE Sci-Fi fans) Harrison Ford vs. Darryl Hannah or Rutger Hower from Blade Runner ? or H.G. Wells' Tripods from War of the Worlds? ... or Brad Bird's Iron Giant !!!? - YEAH, now THERE's a Robot for ya.

You guys call yourselves Sci-Fi Fans ... (exhaustive sigh ...)
End of Line.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Lets be honest here. Al Gore could beat every single one of those listed at the same time. Al Gore isn't just some robot hes a android who's almost even capable of emulating human emotion! He's a unstoppable machine who is capable of warming the whole planet while tricking every great mind into believing its "global warming". Hes smarter, stronger, and has mind control powers! Why do you think Bush had to steal the 2000 election just to win!? To top it all of Al Gore is real!

Status
Not open for further replies.