Tron Monitor - Signs of Life

A step in the right direction tonight. I resoldered a few of the jumper
wires on the 130VDC trace along the front edge of the WG4906 PCB. I now
have a
picture of sorts on screen wheras before I had nothing.

Current issues are:

1. REALLY bad horizontal (vertical for tron) tearing (or is it bleeding?) ,
nearly 2 inches long.

2. It appears I have three images on screen, or the picture is rolling so
much I am getting an animation, picket fence effect and seeing three images.

3. Was not quite able to get the image to stabilize vertically (that is
really horizontally for Tron, but vertically as the monitor sits now)

Anyone have any ideas on any one or more of the three issues? Pics here:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,33450.msg291163.html#msg291163
4 answers Last reply
More about tron monitor signs life

    Sounds like your sync is off.

    Thomas

    "James" <rotoquad@***NOSPAMTHANKS***earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >A step in the right direction tonight. I resoldered a few of the jumper
    > wires on the 130VDC trace along the front edge of the WG4906 PCB. I now
    > have a
    > picture of sorts on screen wheras before I had nothing.
    >
    > Current issues are:
    >
    > 1. REALLY bad horizontal (vertical for tron) tearing (or is it bleeding?)
    > ,
    > nearly 2 inches long.
    >
    > 2. It appears I have three images on screen, or the picture is rolling so
    > much I am getting an animation, picket fence effect and seeing three
    > images.
    >
    > 3. Was not quite able to get the image to stabilize vertically (that is
    > really horizontally for Tron, but vertically as the monitor sits now)
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas on any one or more of the three issues? Pics here:
    > http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,33450.msg291163.html#msg291163

    Well, did you try the horizontal hold? Also the horizontal centering might
    be far enough off, I can't recall if that is a fine adjustment for the hold
    or not. Finally, make sure the correct sync is on, there are both positive
    and negative input syncs. Check continuity on the wire from the PCB to the
    monitor chassis.

    "James" <rotoquad@***NOSPAMTHANKS***earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >A step in the right direction tonight. I resoldered a few of the jumper
    > wires on the 130VDC trace along the front edge of the WG4906 PCB. I now
    > have a
    > picture of sorts on screen wheras before I had nothing.
    >
    > Current issues are:
    >
    > 1. REALLY bad horizontal (vertical for tron) tearing (or is it bleeding?)
    > ,
    > nearly 2 inches long.
    >
    > 2. It appears I have three images on screen, or the picture is rolling so
    > much I am getting an animation, picket fence effect and seeing three
    > images.
    >
    > 3. Was not quite able to get the image to stabilize vertically (that is
    > really horizontally for Tron, but vertically as the monitor sits now)
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas on any one or more of the three issues? Pics here:
    > http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,33450.msg291163.html#msg291163

    > Well, did you try the horizontal hold? Also the horizontal centering might
    > be far enough off, I can't recall if that is a fine adjustment for the
    hold
    > or not.

    I tweaked the adjustments a bit (horiz - i.e. widest portion of monitor) and
    (vert - i.e. thinnest portion of monitor). I may try working with them
    again. I am also considering resoldering most of the components since I had
    such a breakthrough just by doing so on the three jumper wires.

    Finally, make sure the correct sync is on, there are both positive
    > and negative input syncs. Check continuity on the wire from the PCB to the
    > monitor chassis.

    I did triple check the sync, it is correct and there is continuity. I
    tested the same pcb and wire to other monitors as well as all was ok.

    > "James" <rotoquad@***NOSPAMTHANKS***earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > >A step in the right direction tonight. I resoldered a few of the jumper
    > > wires on the 130VDC trace along the front edge of the WG4906 PCB. I now
    > > have a
    > > picture of sorts on screen wheras before I had nothing.
    > >
    > > Current issues are:
    > >
    > > 1. REALLY bad horizontal (vertical for tron) tearing (or is it
    bleeding?)
    > > ,
    > > nearly 2 inches long.
    > >
    > > 2. It appears I have three images on screen, or the picture is rolling
    so
    > > much I am getting an animation, picket fence effect and seeing three
    > > images.
    > >
    > > 3. Was not quite able to get the image to stabilize vertically (that is
    > > really horizontally for Tron, but vertically as the monitor sits now)
    > >
    > > Anyone have any ideas on any one or more of the three issues? Pics
    here:

    http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,33450.msg291163.html#msg291163

    That diagnosis appears to be popping up quite a bit, I am still unsure as to
    how to address it though.

    > Sounds like your sync is off.
    >
    > Thomas
    >
    > "James" <rotoquad@***NOSPAMTHANKS***earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > >A step in the right direction tonight. I resoldered a few of the jumper
    > > wires on the 130VDC trace along the front edge of the WG4906 PCB. I now
    > > have a
    > > picture of sorts on screen wheras before I had nothing.
    > >
    > > Current issues are:
    > >
    > > 1. REALLY bad horizontal (vertical for tron) tearing (or is it
    bleeding?)
    > > ,
    > > nearly 2 inches long.
    > >
    > > 2. It appears I have three images on screen, or the picture is rolling
    so
    > > much I am getting an animation, picket fence effect and seeing three
    > > images.
    > >
    > > 3. Was not quite able to get the image to stabilize vertically (that is
    > > really horizontally for Tron, but vertically as the monitor sits now)
    > >
    > > Anyone have any ideas on any one or more of the three issues? Pics
    here:

    http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,33450.msg291163.html#msg291163

Monitors Video Games