James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

A step in the right direction tonight. I resoldered a few of the jumper
wires on the 130VDC trace along the front edge of the WG4906 PCB. I now
have a
picture of sorts on screen wheras before I had nothing.

Current issues are:

1. REALLY bad horizontal (vertical for tron) tearing (or is it bleeding?) ,
nearly 2 inches long.

2. It appears I have three images on screen, or the picture is rolling so
much I am getting an animation, picket fence effect and seeing three images.

3. Was not quite able to get the image to stabilize vertically (that is
really horizontally for Tron, but vertically as the monitor sits now)

Anyone have any ideas on any one or more of the three issues? Pics here:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,33450.msg291163.html#msg291163

Sounds like your sync is off.

Thomas

"James" <rotoquad@***NOSPAMTHANKS***earthlink.net> wrote in message
>A step in the right direction tonight. I resoldered a few of the jumper
> wires on the 130VDC trace along the front edge of the WG4906 PCB. I now
> have a
> picture of sorts on screen wheras before I had nothing.
>
> Current issues are:
>
> 1. REALLY bad horizontal (vertical for tron) tearing (or is it bleeding?)
> ,
> nearly 2 inches long.
>
> 2. It appears I have three images on screen, or the picture is rolling so
> much I am getting an animation, picket fence effect and seeing three
> images.
>
> 3. Was not quite able to get the image to stabilize vertically (that is
> really horizontally for Tron, but vertically as the monitor sits now)
>
> Anyone have any ideas on any one or more of the three issues? Pics here:
> http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,33450.msg291163.html#msg291163

Well, did you try the horizontal hold? Also the horizontal centering might
be far enough off, I can't recall if that is a fine adjustment for the hold
or not. Finally, make sure the correct sync is on, there are both positive
and negative input syncs. Check continuity on the wire from the PCB to the
monitor chassis.

"James" <rotoquad@***NOSPAMTHANKS***earthlink.net> wrote in message
>A step in the right direction tonight. I resoldered a few of the jumper
> wires on the 130VDC trace along the front edge of the WG4906 PCB. I now
> have a
> picture of sorts on screen wheras before I had nothing.
>
> Current issues are:
>
> 1. REALLY bad horizontal (vertical for tron) tearing (or is it bleeding?)
> ,
> nearly 2 inches long.
>
> 2. It appears I have three images on screen, or the picture is rolling so
> much I am getting an animation, picket fence effect and seeing three
> images.
>
> 3. Was not quite able to get the image to stabilize vertically (that is
> really horizontally for Tron, but vertically as the monitor sits now)
>
> Anyone have any ideas on any one or more of the three issues? Pics here:
> http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,33450.msg291163.html#msg291163

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> Well, did you try the horizontal hold? Also the horizontal centering might
> be far enough off, I can't recall if that is a fine adjustment for the
hold
> or not.

I tweaked the adjustments a bit (horiz - i.e. widest portion of monitor) and
(vert - i.e. thinnest portion of monitor). I may try working with them
again. I am also considering resoldering most of the components since I had
such a breakthrough just by doing so on the three jumper wires.

Finally, make sure the correct sync is on, there are both positive
> and negative input syncs. Check continuity on the wire from the PCB to the
> monitor chassis.

I did triple check the sync, it is correct and there is continuity. I
tested the same pcb and wire to other monitors as well as all was ok.

> "James" <rotoquad@***NOSPAMTHANKS***earthlink.net> wrote in message
> >A step in the right direction tonight. I resoldered a few of the jumper
> > wires on the 130VDC trace along the front edge of the WG4906 PCB. I now
> > have a
> > picture of sorts on screen wheras before I had nothing.
> >
> > Current issues are:
> >
> > 1. REALLY bad horizontal (vertical for tron) tearing (or is it
bleeding?)
> > ,
> > nearly 2 inches long.
> >
> > 2. It appears I have three images on screen, or the picture is rolling
so
> > much I am getting an animation, picket fence effect and seeing three
> > images.
> >
> > 3. Was not quite able to get the image to stabilize vertically (that is
> > really horizontally for Tron, but vertically as the monitor sits now)
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas on any one or more of the three issues? Pics
here:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,33450.msg291163.html#msg291163

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

That diagnosis appears to be popping up quite a bit, I am still unsure as to
how to address it though.