Cannot retain wallpaper

I lose my wallpaper every time I log off and back on to my laptop. It
reverts to a plain blue screen. Appreciate any advice?
5 answers Last reply
More about cannot retain wallpaper

    Hi John,

    See if you have this setting enabled. If so, disable it.

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "John Nicholson" <johnnic@bigpond.net.aju> wrote in message
    >I lose my wallpaper every time I log off and back on to my laptop. It
    > reverts to a plain blue screen. Appreciate any advice?

    Hi Ramesh

    Excuse me if I sound terminally stupid, but the url you provided talks
    about editing the registry. What do I have to do to the registry?

    John

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 07:11:05 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP"
    <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:

    >See if you have this setting enabled. If s

    Hi John,

    This guide explains how to open Regedit.exe (Registry Editor). The next page
    explains how to backup/export the key that you're going to modify.

    Windows Registry Tutorial : Editing the Registry
    http://www.winguides.com/registry/article.php?id=1&page=3

    Windows Registry Tutorial : Importing and Exporting Registry Settings
    http://www.winguides.com/article.php?id=1&page=4&guide=registry

    --

    > Hi Ramesh
    >
    > Excuse me if I sound terminally stupid, but the url you provided talks
    > about editing the registry. What do I have to do to the registry?
    >
    > John
    >
    > On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 07:11:05 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP"
    > <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:
    >

    >>See if you have this setting enabled. If s

    Hi Rameesh

    I'm not winning. I've opened the registry and searched,
    unsuccessfully, for the "No Save Settings" file in
    Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
    Explorer. It doesn't exist!

    John

    2005 12:32:12 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:

    >Hi John,
    >
    >This guide explains how to open Regedit.exe (Registry Editor). The next page
    >explains how to backup/export the key that you're going to modify.
    >
    >Windows Registry Tutorial : Editing the Registry
    >http://www.winguides.com/registry/article.php?id=1&page=3
    >
    >Windows Registry Tutorial : Importing and Exporting Registry Settings
    >http://www.winguides.com/article.php?id=1&page=4&guide=registry

    John.

    It's "NoSaveSettings". If that does not exist, see if the problem is seen in
    a newly created profile.

    811151 - How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

    --

    > Hi Rameesh
    >
    > I'm not winning. I've opened the registry and searched,
    > unsuccessfully, for the "No Save Settings" file in
    > Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
    > Explorer. It doesn't exist!
    >
    > John
    >
    > 2005 12:32:12 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi John,
    >>
    >>This guide explains how to open Regedit.exe (Registry Editor). The next
    >>page
    >>explains how to backup/export the key that you're going to modify.
    >>
    >>Windows Registry Tutorial : Editing the Registry
    >>http://www.winguides.com/registry/article.php?id=1&page=3
    >>
    >>Windows Registry Tutorial : Importing and Exporting Registry Settings
    >>http://www.winguides.com/article.php?id=1&page=4&guide=registry

Support Wallpaper Microsoft Blue Screen Windows XP