Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cannot retain wallpaper

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 3:12:19 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I lose my wallpaper every time I log off and back on to my laptop. It
reverts to a plain blue screen. Appreciate any advice?

More about : retain wallpaper

Anonymous
April 15, 2005 11:11:05 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi John,

See if you have this setting enabled. If so, disable it.
http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/152/

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org


"John Nicholson" <johnnic@bigpond.net.aju> wrote in message
news:73ut5159nntojlc493hh1tncb7qu33u4m4@4ax.com...
>I lose my wallpaper every time I log off and back on to my laptop. It
> reverts to a plain blue screen. Appreciate any advice?
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 11:11:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Ramesh

Excuse me if I sound terminally stupid, but the url you provided talks
about editing the registry. What do I have to do to the registry?

John

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 07:11:05 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP"
<ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:

>
>See if you have this setting enabled. If s
Related resources
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 4:32:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi John,

This guide explains how to open Regedit.exe (Registry Editor). The next page
explains how to backup/export the key that you're going to modify.

Windows Registry Tutorial : Editing the Registry
http://www.winguides.com/registry/article.php?id=1&page...

Windows Registry Tutorial : Importing and Exporting Registry Settings
http://www.winguides.com/article.php?id=1&page=4&guide=...

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org


"John Nicholson" <johnnic@bigpond.net.aju> wrote in message
news:o apu5110c24m62osrqja81q1uetr4ja6a7@4ax.com...
> Hi Ramesh
>
> Excuse me if I sound terminally stupid, but the url you provided talks
> about editing the registry. What do I have to do to the registry?
>
> John
>
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 07:11:05 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP"
> <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:
>
>>
>>See if you have this setting enabled. If s
>
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 6:35:05 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Rameesh

I'm not winning. I've opened the registry and searched,
unsuccessfully, for the "No Save Settings" file in
Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer. It doesn't exist!

John

2005 12:32:12 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:

>Hi John,
>
>This guide explains how to open Regedit.exe (Registry Editor). The next page
>explains how to backup/export the key that you're going to modify.
>
>Windows Registry Tutorial : Editing the Registry
>http://www.winguides.com/registry/article.php?id=1&page...
>
>Windows Registry Tutorial : Importing and Exporting Registry Settings
>http://www.winguides.com/article.php?id=1&page=4&guide=...
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 12:52:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

John.

It's "NoSaveSettings". If that does not exist, see if the problem is seen in
a newly created profile.

811151 - How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org


"John Nicholson" <johnnic@bigpond.net.aju> wrote in message
news:6ni361lkehrftc6pdnlt87it7lcsc14o6c@4ax.com...
> Hi Rameesh
>
> I'm not winning. I've opened the registry and searched,
> unsuccessfully, for the "No Save Settings" file in
> Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
> Explorer. It doesn't exist!
>
> John
>
> 2005 12:32:12 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:
>
>>Hi John,
>>
>>This guide explains how to open Regedit.exe (Registry Editor). The next
>>page
>>explains how to backup/export the key that you're going to modify.
>>
>>Windows Registry Tutorial : Editing the Registry
>>http://www.winguides.com/registry/article.php?id=1&page...
>>
>>Windows Registry Tutorial : Importing and Exporting Registry Settings
>>http://www.winguides.com/article.php?id=1&page=4&guide=...
>
!