belovedmonster

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2003
Ive recently upgrading my computer to Athlon XP 2200+ 1.8GHz, 512 MB DDR Ram but im having problems with my graphics card, a Inno3d Tornado GeForce4 MX. Basicly the screen sorta flickers if theres anything moving, like if i drag a box or scroll down a webpage. You can watch as it refreshes the frames sorta thing.
Everyone is telling me to adjust the refresh rate but when i go to the appropriate place it is greyed out! I think the problem might lie in the fact XP doesnt seem to of recognised i have a card connected becos it isnt listed in device manager.

Ive downloaded the latest drivers so pls dont suggest that. Im going out of my mind here!

uninstalled the unknown thing and then restarted and it said new hardware... but looky...
http://www.geocities.com/spottyjim/devicemanager.html
Its not the graphics is it, its some USB thing.

So if the unknown thing isnt the graphics how can i make the graphics show up?

songoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
Do you have your motherboard chip set drivers installed?
Do you have the latest verion of directx with the managed uopdate patch?

But from you discriton your video drivers arnt installed so after you do all that reinstall them again. Dont you just love microsoft :)

Supporting AMD with your breakable stuff.

kinetic_tw

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
According to your picture, Windows doesnt see a video device at all. It seems like there's more going on here than just not having the right drivers.

Do you have another machine you can test the video card in? Make sure your motherboard chipset drivers are installed.

answer

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002
I agree with the suggestion to try to test the video card on another computer. It happened to me before and it turned out that my video card was broken. If the video card turned out to be ok, i suggest reinstalling the os without the video card first (provided you have a built in Video card) also dont forget to set bios to AGP then install the chipset drivers and finally the video card. What is you board by the way?