• Billy Mays to Pitch Microsoft Zune HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrF430

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
I cant wait! I do however think that B Mays might not be the right person to pitch the Zune HD! I mean, if he does it like the OxyClean commercials then it might cheapen (to the mass demographic aka unaware public) peoples perception of the Zune HD to that of a cheaply made piece of junk sold on an infomercial. The fact is that the character/persona of B Mays will automatically invoke that feeling in a lot of people!

I think with the uphill battle the Zune HD has against the iPod touch, MS should take every precaution to avoid harming or tarnishing the device launch or, most importantly, its (product) public perception!

G

MS has hired Billy Mays ??? Seriously ??? In that case, I'll never buy any MS product again !!! Can't stand the man. If EVER that was a pitchman who annoyed me, he's it. The only one I can think of who's worse is the stupidly "Smilin' Bob" Enzite man.

donkeypunch

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2007
I couldn't believe this guy pitched health insurance too. He just doesn't seem to fit that role. Stick to selling orange scented douche that can also clean your carpet and be used as salad dressing Mr. Billy Mays.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]my_name_is_earl[/nom]What's freakier than this guy? That Shamwow guy[/citation]
Even freakier than that is Shamwow guy after he got his tongue bit off by the hooker here in Miami. I dont know how much tongue was bitten off, but I dont think he will be pitching anything soon.

Oknarf

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
People, read please before commenting: "[• This story, marked with a • is weekend entertainment content only and should not to be considered factual ]"

rjkucia

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]mays-hater[/nom]MS has hired Billy Mays ??? Seriously ??? In that case, I'll never buy any MS product again !!! Can't stand the man. If EVER that was a pitchman who annoyed me, he's it. The only one I can think of who's worse is the stupidly "Smilin' Bob" Enzite man.[/citation]

[citation]• This story, marked with a • is weekend entertainment content only and should not to be considered factual[/citation]

Dear Tom's Hardware,
I would rather have you not have any news at all than confuse us with fake news that pretty much makes every weekend April Fool's Day.
Love,
me

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Billy Mays here bringing you another awesome product! The Microsoft Zune HD! It plays music and videos in high def! That's high definition folks! Its so easy to use your grandparents can listen to their classical music on it with ease! Its so hip with the kids these days that they will be the envy of their peers as they listen to the hardcore gangsta rap on it. Bitches and hoes is how Billy Mays rolls dog!

Order now!

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]I never wanted a Zune more.[/citation]
I kinda have... I wanted it more on Thursday. It's not that I don't want it today, I just wanted it more on Thursday. I guess it's because the weather is better today. Hmm, oh well.
Glad I shared that with you, I bet.

verecky

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
"[• This story, marked with a • is weekend entertainment content only and should not to be considered factual ]"

So is this story true or not?

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hi,

No, this article is entirely fake. I'm so sorry for the confusion. I am going to try to get the note saying it is fake to be made much more obvious.

Justin

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
[citation][nom]justinblue[/nom]Hi,No, this article is entirely fake. I'm so sorry for the confusion. I am going to try to get the note saying it is fake to be made much more obvious.Justin[/citation]

Holly crap, you scared me!

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
BILLY MAYS, PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOR AND RETIRE ALREADY!

(Yes, I am aware this is another wkend article, but seriously I change the channel anytime a commercial with him on it comes on)

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]justinblue[/nom]Hi,No, this article is entirely fake. I'm so sorry for the confusion. I am going to try to get the note saying it is fake to be made much more obvious.Justin[/citation]

Maybe tomshardware should also consider its international readers who have no idea in h. who Billy Mays is.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]rjkucia[/nom][citation]• This story, marked with a • is weekend entertainment content only and should not to be considered factual[/citation]Dear Tom's Hardware,I would rather have you not have any news at all than confuse us with fake news that pretty much makes every weekend April Fool's Day.Love,me[/citation]

I actually agree... This is becoming a serious problem for me. I love fun, but there's a reason everyone else decided it should only be one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.