Sign in with
Your question

Sony PCG 7153L

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
June 8, 2012 1:05:33 AM

Hello,
Laptop wont load microsoft, just runs and does not load, in repair mode just runs contiuously please any suggestions

More about : sony pcg 7153l

October 4, 2012 10:08:18 PM

yeater415 said:
Hello,
Laptop wont load microsoft, just runs and does not load, in repair mode just runs contiuously please any suggestions

Having the same problem with a Sony Vaio PCG7153L. According to Sony's online support site, this model does not exist... I would love to just chuck this machine out of a window but it contains data that I must have.

This outdated machine is running Vista 64 Home Premium. I am guessing that I must have a Vista 64 disc of the same version to make my first move against the computer gremlins.

I will probably chuck it out of a window after I obtain the data.

Has anyone faced the issue mentioned and won?
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b Ù Sony
October 5, 2012 5:20:16 AM

Are you getting any error messages when you try to load windows? Will the computer boot into safe mode?
m
l
Related resources
October 7, 2012 2:57:46 AM

Computer will not boot, safe mode or regular. When loading in safe mode computer gets stuck when loading the msisadrv.sys file. The system locks up and will eventually restart.
m
l
October 7, 2012 3:05:10 AM

The Vista SP2 cd was unable to repair the problem and the SP1 does not offer repair.

I have pulled the HD out of the laptop and am ready to install it into my desktop for further diagnosis. My worry is that the HD is infected with a virus. I have no way of knowing until I can access it. The problem is obviously tied to the .sys file in question.

I guess my inquiry has changed from trying to get the laptop to boot, to installing the HD to another computer without spreading a possible virus.
m
l
!