Duplicate mail Outlook Express

I just got a new computer and had all my files transfered to from the old one
to the new one. Now when I open Outlook Express I receive to copies of mail
for each email received. How can I fix that?

Is there juse one duplicate set of e-mail? or do you download another
duplicate set of mail everytime you download mail?

"SomorPlz" <SomorPlz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just got a new computer and had all my files transfered to from the old
>one
> to the new one. Now when I open Outlook Express I receive to copies of
> mail
> for each email received. How can I fix that?

Check the following. Lots of luck.

HTTP (Hotmail) and IMAP: http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/why.htm#dupes
POP3 mail: http://www.insideoe.com/problems/bugs.htm#pop3uidl

Cajunswabbie

Hi SomorPlz,

AFAIK, the duplicate mails need to be deleted manually. If there are
thousands of duplicates, then consider a third-party tool from here:
http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx

However, you may post this question in the OE groups to learn if there is
any other alternative for this problem. Microsoft Public Newsgroups listing
is available at http://aumha.org/nntp.php

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User