Windows XP version number has changed!

Normally, when installing Hotfixes, the version number doesn't change (it
was showing as 2600.xpsp2_sp2_rtm.040803-2158), today I noticed it has
changed to 2600.xpsp2_sp2_gdr_050301-1519

Has one of the recent hotfixes changed the actual Build number of Windows?
What does the _gdr bit mean?

Thanks in advance!

"Brian Wescombe" <brian.wescombeSODOFF@ntlworldSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Normally, when installing Hotfixes, the version number doesn't change (it
> was showing as 2600.xpsp2_sp2_rtm.040803-2158), today I noticed it has
> changed to 2600.xpsp2_sp2_gdr_050301-1519
>
> Has one of the recent hotfixes changed the actual Build number of Windows?
> What does the _gdr bit mean?
>
> Thanks in advance!

gdr = general distribution releases

Description of the contents of Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Windows Server
2003 software update packages
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=824994

--
William

"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote:

>gdr = general distribution releases

And here I always thought it stood for "grin, duck, and run"

:)

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>gdr = general distribution releases
>>

> And here I always thought it stood for "grin, duck, and run"
>
> :)

LOL, nice to see someone from BC, I am in Prince George.

--
William

TRENDING THREADS