Which ac adapters go with which hardware?

An employee quit and threw all of his equipment into a large box. Now I
have several ac adapters which I don't know what they belong to. Manuals
are gone. Does anyone know a site where I can match ethernet hubs,
speakers, and other equipment to the correct AC adapters?

I have googled on some but see they are for sale, but not what they go to.
And I don't want to blow something up because I connect the wrong adapter!

Thanks,
Mich

Not that this is a very good solution - but you can try looking at the power
requirements on the device, then match them with the power requirements
written on the AC Adapter, providing all the information is there. If the
power requirements match exactly, and the adapter fits, it shouldn't really
cause any damage...*if* they're exactly the same.

Justin

"M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message
> An employee quit and threw all of his equipment into a large box. Now I
> have several ac adapters which I don't know what they belong to. Manuals
> are gone. Does anyone know a site where I can match ethernet hubs,
> speakers, and other equipment to the correct AC adapters?
>
> I have googled on some but see they are for sale, but not what they go to.
> And I don't want to blow something up because I connect the wrong adapter!
>
> Thanks,
> Mich

One of our electricians was able to match most of them by checking the specs
on the adapter to the device, but one I can't identify yet is a Hon Kwang
D12-1-1000, which is for sale all over the net, but doesn't say what it was
probably originally purchased with. It's 25W, 12VDC so doesn't go to
speakers, and we found the one for the hub. There may still be equipment in
his office without an adapter but????

Any ideas?
Mich