winxp boot and text

GP

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

Can I make the winxp boot faster, I boot up with normal function.

The text also is a little weak on my crt new amd2800 gigabyte motherboard
I tries power toy for clear text but that wasnt that great, anything else I
could try?

I would strongly encourage you to enable ClearType for better text. On the
desktop Right click, choose properties. When the display properties box
opens, click on the 'Appearance' tab. Then click on the 'Effects' button.
Choose 'ClearType' from the second drop down box. Then click OK.

"gp" wrote:

> Can I make the winxp boot faster, I boot up with normal function.
>
> The text also is a little weak on my crt new amd2800 gigabyte motherboard
> I tries power toy for clear text but that wasnt that great, anything else I
> could try?

Yes the answer would be stick a new hard drive in setup windows properly add
one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7148644914
and carry on with your life.

Ste