Sign in with
Your question

Building a laptop

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
June 9, 2012 2:59:40 AM

Hello,
I am wanting to build a laptop. there is a site mini-itx.com and they have small motherboards for miniature desktops. I want to build a laptop with these parts. I dont however know what i would do for a moniter, i would like it to be around 14 to 15 inches and not be too bulky with wiring.
how would i fashion a moniter?

More about : building laptop

a c 572 D Laptop
a b V Motherboard
June 9, 2012 3:22:56 AM

You're on your own there.

Let us know how it works out.
m
l
Related resources
a c 249 D Laptop
a b V Motherboard
June 9, 2012 9:46:52 PM

Hi :) 

Its NOT possible...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
June 23, 2012 2:00:56 AM

oh course is possible, it would but need to be a small enough screen so the rest of it wouldnt need to be big. like a 15 inch led screen
m
l
a c 249 D Laptop
a b V Motherboard
June 23, 2012 5:42:41 PM

matooch said:
oh course is possible, it would but need to be a small enough screen so the rest of it wouldnt need to be big. like a 15 inch led screen

Hi :) 

Yes its possible if you are laptop manufacturer...

But you are NOT...

I own a lappy repair company , and I would NEVER try it...you would need an Inverter, plus various other things you know nothing about..... you also realise that inverters and screens HAVE TO MATCH ??? etc etc...

I repeat...its NOT POSSIBLE...for you...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
June 25, 2012 11:52:15 PM

well a screen that i was thinking of was a smaller led tv screen or moniter, like one that you would buy at the store. a laptop screen would be alot nicer because it would be smaller but if you could get a small enough tv screen with the proper placement of wiring, you could wire it small enough. thanks though, I was pretty certain that you couldn't wire a laptop screen to a dvi or vga port but i though id ask
m
l
!