Need help installing XP

Ed

Hi I still need assistance on installing windows xp. I recently reformated my
hard drive due to problems I was having. When I go to install windows xp, im
getting this error message :
Setup is starting windows
Examining disk config
Examining 39080

The following shows the existing portions & unportions space

A problem has been detected

Tech Information:
***Stop 0x0000008E
(0x0000005,0xF84CCED5,0XF80D87D0,0X00000000)

*** Setupdd.sys Address F84CCED5 base at F84A2000, Datestamp 3B7D8507

What I have done:
Went into Bios and turn off anti virus and reset all to default
Remove One Memory chip at a time and try to do the install

Any help would be appreciated.

Ed

Go into BIOS and set the boot order such that the CD drive is first in
line.. then boot from the XP CD..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi I still need assistance on installing windows xp. I recently reformated
> my
> hard drive due to problems I was having. When I go to install windows xp,
> im
> getting this error message :
> Setup is starting windows
> Examining disk config
> Examining 39080
>
> The following shows the existing portions & unportions space
>
> A problem has been detected
>
> Tech Information:
> ***Stop 0x0000008E
> (0x0000005,0xF84CCED5,0XF80D87D0,0X00000000)
>
> *** Setupdd.sys Address F84CCED5 base at F84A2000, Datestamp 3B7D8507
>
> What I have done:
> Went into Bios and turn off anti virus and reset all to default
> Remove One Memory chip at a time and try to do the install
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Ed

Mike, I did that and it still gave me the same message.

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Ed
>
> Go into BIOS and set the boot order such that the CD drive is first in
> line.. then boot from the XP CD..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi I still need assistance on installing windows xp. I recently reformated
> > my
> > hard drive due to problems I was having. When I go to install windows xp,
> > im
> > getting this error message :
> > Setup is starting windows
> > Examining disk config
> > Examining 39080
> >
> > The following shows the existing portions & unportions space
> >
> > A problem has been detected
> >
> > Tech Information:
> > ***Stop 0x0000008E
> > (0x0000005,0xF84CCED5,0XF80D87D0,0X00000000)
> >
> > *** Setupdd.sys Address F84CCED5 base at F84A2000, Datestamp 3B7D8507
> >
> > What I have done:
> > Went into Bios and turn off anti virus and reset all to default
> > Remove One Memory chip at a time and try to do the install
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.

Ed

Get a Win 98/SE boot diskette and use the FDISK and FORMAT functions.. if
all goes well, try booting from the CD again..

This link will tell you how to use FDISK and FORMAT..

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q255867&ID=kb;en-us;Q255867

--

> Mike, I did that and it still gave me the same message.
>
> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Ed
>>
>> Go into BIOS and set the boot order such that the CD drive is first in
>> line.. then boot from the XP CD..
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall
>> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>>
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>

>> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi I still need assistance on installing windows xp. I recently
>> > reformated
>> > my
>> > hard drive due to problems I was having. When I go to install windows
>> > xp,
>> > im
>> > getting this error message :
>> > Setup is starting windows
>> > Examining disk config
>> > Examining 39080
>> >
>> > The following shows the existing portions & unportions space
>> >
>> > A problem has been detected
>> >
>> > Tech Information:
>> > ***Stop 0x0000008E
>> > (0x0000005,0xF84CCED5,0XF80D87D0,0X00000000)
>> >
>> > *** Setupdd.sys Address F84CCED5 base at F84A2000, Datestamp 3B7D8507
>> >
>> > What I have done:
>> > Went into Bios and turn off anti virus and reset all to default
>> > Remove One Memory chip at a time and try to do the install
>> >
>> > Any help would be appreciated.

Ed

Mike, I got a win 98 boot diskette and started the fdisk process, I selected
Yes to the Do you wish to enable large disk support and Press Enter and I got
a message that says ERROR Reading fixed disk

does this mean my hard disk is bad ?

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Ed
>
> Get a Win 98/SE boot diskette and use the FDISK and FORMAT functions.. if
> all goes well, try booting from the CD again..
>
> This link will tell you how to use FDISK and FORMAT..
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q255867&ID=kb;en-us;Q255867
>

> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mike, I did that and it still gave me the same message.
> >
> > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Ed
> >>
> >> Go into BIOS and set the boot order such that the CD drive is first in
> >> line.. then boot from the XP CD..
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mike Hall
> >> MVP - Windows Shell/user
> >>
> >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >>

> >> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Ed

It's not looking good at all.. assuming that you haven't converted the drive
to 'dynamic' at any point in time, your best bet is to download a diagnostic
diskette from the hard drive manufacturer website..

Run it in modes that are NON-DESTRUCTIVE.. info in the program will tell
what is and what isn't.. I have a feeling that the drive will fail..

Conclusion: You will have to buy a new drive whatever the outcome..
intransigent hard drives generally keep that disposition.. as long as you
don't mess with it too much, you may be able to use a program like PC
Inspector (free download) that MIGHT recover some files from it.. just don't
hold your breath..

Maybe you could report back on your progress.. Good luck..

--

> Mike, I got a win 98 boot diskette and started the fdisk process, I
> selected
> Yes to the Do you wish to enable large disk support and Press Enter and I
> got
> a message that says ERROR Reading fixed disk
>
> does this mean my hard disk is bad ?
>
> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Ed
>>
>> Get a Win 98/SE boot diskette and use the FDISK and FORMAT functions.. if
>> all goes well, try booting from the CD again..
>>
>> This link will tell you how to use FDISK and FORMAT..
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q255867&ID=kb;en-us;Q255867
>>

>> --
>> Mike Hall
>> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>>
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>

>> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Mike, I did that and it still gave me the same message.

TRENDING THREADS