Hello,

I've been working with my computer with XP Pro for 2 years
without any problems. One week ago funny things started to
happen:

1) I can't play audio files. Windows Media Player throws a
message saying that is has a problem with the sound device.
The error number (C00D11BA) doesn't help further.
Other audio programs don't play audio files either.
2) Some software throws strange messages, too (e.g. Roxio
Direct CD says a certain drived is old, which it is not)
3) I've lost my network places. I have been able to restore
the list by typing in the IP addresses and shared folder names.

NOW: None of these problems happen when I log in as admin.
They appear only then is log in as normal user.

The only thing I have changed on this PC is installing a
trial version of AutoCAD that runs online (through an
AppExpress server). Don't know whether this has caused the
problem.

Has any of you experienced similar problems?

Thanks in advance for you input.

Miguel

Michael Marti Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been working with my computer with XP Pro for 2 years
> without any problems. One week ago funny things started to
> happen:
>
> 1) I can't play audio files. Windows Media Player throws a
> message saying that is has a problem with the sound device.
> The error number (C00D11BA) doesn't help further.
> Other audio programs don't play audio files either.
> 2) Some software throws strange messages, too (e.g. Roxio
> Direct CD says a certain drived is old, which it is not)
> 3) I've lost my network places. I have been able to restore
> the list by typing in the IP addresses and shared folder names.
>
> NOW: None of these problems happen when I log in as admin.
> They appear only then is log in as normal user.
>
> The only thing I have changed on this PC is installing a
> trial version of AutoCAD that runs online (through an
> AppExpress server). Don't know whether this has caused the
> problem.
>
> Has any of you experienced similar problems?
>
> Thanks in advance for you input.
>
> Miguel

hi their i am experiencing a similar issue that is that my network
places is also hidden - l have two possible candidates for the bug
(nlite) and (x-setup). i have searched high and low and still can't
find appropriate fix.

--
lloydie

TRENDING THREADS