Reformat XP Pro with No XP CD

Hi
Reformat XP Pro with No XP CD
My friend is having major problems on signing on to AOL and there
assistance is beyond belief so I cleaned him up re spyware Virus''s etc
and still tthe sign in page freezes so I have decided to Reformat his C:
drive but he bouhjt the PC with XP Pro already on it and NO CD,so can I
use my XP CD to boot into reformat or as it got to be his version also
when I reformat he will have no version of XP to reinstall so can I put
my Old registered version of Win XP Home onto his PC pleaase
awaiting your valuable response.

PS its my first time on PC Banter and it looks the Biz :-)
keep up the good work.

cheers
LLOyd

--
lmortiss
3 answers Last reply

    If you boot to the CD, you can format with any OS, even if you had to
    use FDISK first then format. If you use XP to format, it wouldn't
    matter if it was Home, Pro, or Corp. As far as your old version goes,
    it wouldn't be legal if you purchased an upgrade copy of XP off of
    that old version. (I don't understand why you would have an "old"
    version of XP, though, unless you went from Home to Pro?)
    Theoretically, the old version is now an integral part of the upgrade,
    i.e. the upgrade is no good without the old version.

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:14:46 +0000, lmortiss
    <lmortiss.1njj1o@pcbanter.net> wrote:

    >Hi
    >Reformat XP Pro with No XP CD
    >My friend is having major problems on signing on to AOL and there
    >assistance is beyond belief so I cleaned him up re spyware Virus''s etc
    >and still tthe sign in page freezes so I have decided to Reformat his C:
    >drive but he bouhjt the PC with XP Pro already on it and NO CD,so can I
    >use my XP CD to boot into reformat or as it got to be his version also
    >when I reformat he will have no version of XP to reinstall so can I put
    >my Old registered version of Win XP Home onto his PC pleaase
    >awaiting your valuable response.
    >
    >PS its my first time on PC Banter and it looks the Biz :-)
    >keep up the good work.
    >
    >cheers
    >LLOyd

    Yes the answer would be stick a new hard drive in setup windows properly add
    one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7148644914
    and carry on with your life.

    Ste

    "GOOD NEWS" <nospam@spamfree.com> wrote in message
    > Yes the answer would be stick a new hard drive in setup windows properly
    add
    > one of these
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7148644914
    > and carry on with your life.

    Boy, what a mess that would make! You would never be able to delete
    anything! That includes all of your temporary files, cookies, etc. Your HD
    would be full in no time! How would you install software? Just reboot, and
    everything would be gone... Brilliant! Install everything over again every
    time you reboot... Made changes to an important document, or just create
    one for that matter?... Reboot... GONE!

    Stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life...

CD-Rom Windows XP