Directory No Access

Tags:
  • Windows XP
April 15, 2005 11:00:55 PM

I have a directory which was created by partition magic to hold files off of
a empty partition, which I merged with the c drive.

The directory when I now try to do anything with it tells me
c:\xxx is not accessable
Access is denied

I have scandisked ok, but I can not delete the directory.

Can anybody advise please.

More about : directory access

Anonymous
April 15, 2005 11:00:56 PM

"Hamish" <nothanks@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:D 3p317$5hu$1@titan.btinternet.com...
>I have a directory which was created by partition magic to hold files
>off of a empty partition, which I merged with the c drive.
>
> The directory when I now try to do anything with it tells me
> c:\xxx is not accessable
> Access is denied
>
> I have scandisked ok, but I can not delete the directory.
>
> Can anybody advise please.

William
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 1:23:21 AM

>I have a directory which was created by partition magic to hold files
>>off of a empty partition, which I merged with the c drive.
>>
>> The directory when I now try to do anything with it tells me
>> c:\xxx is not accessable
>> Access is denied
>>
>> I have scandisked ok, but I can not delete the directory.
>>
>> Can anybody advise please.
>>

> How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421
>
> --
> William

Thanks thats cured it

Hamish
April 16, 2005 1:23:22 AM

"Hamish" <nothanks@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:D 3pbc9$t5v$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
> >I have a directory which was created by partition magic to hold files
>>>off of a empty partition, which I merged with the c drive.
>>>
>>> The directory when I now try to do anything with it tells me
>>> c:\xxx is not accessable
>>> Access is denied
>>>
>>> I have scandisked ok, but I can not delete the directory.
>>>
>>> Can anybody advise please.
>>>

>> How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421
>>

> Thanks thats cured it

You're welcome.

--
William
April 26, 2009 9:09:12 PM

Thanks buddy for giving such a wonderful opinion.This really matters big for the people who have some knowledge about it and this will really help them to make good decisions in the perspective areas which will really worth big for us.

mike

Lawyer Directory-
!