Shareware Program

April 16, 2005 1:38:43 AM

Anyone know of a shareware program that will compare you're PC's drivers
against their companies website to see if you're running the latest version?

Thanks

Bill

More about : shareware program

April 16, 2005 1:38:44 AM

Im not sure about a generic program, but when I bought a MSI mother
board, it came with a program called Live Update that checked for new
drivers plus BIOS updates.
It worked really good.

-Dan
April 16, 2005 1:38:44 AM

In news:xradnQyyNdHp3_3fRVn-vg@comcast.com,
Bill Fitzgerald <wmfitzgerald@comcast.net> had this to say:

> Anyone know of a shareware program that will compare you're PC's
> drivers against their companies website to see if you're running the
> latest version?
> Thanks
>
> Bill

Try this?

http://www.driverguidetoolkit.com/

Galen
April 16, 2005 1:38:45 AM

Dan wrote:
> Im not sure about a generic program, but when I bought a MSI mother
> board, it came with a program called Live Update that checked for new
> drivers plus BIOS updates.
> It worked really good.

Did it just check for the MSI Motherboard?
Or when you go out and buy the new GeForce 6800 card and the SoundBlaster
Audigy2 Sound card and the 1000Mbit Intel NIC and the Hauppage Video Capture
card - did it check for those drivers as well?

--
<- Shenan ->
April 16, 2005 4:57:46 AM

Shenan Stanley wrote:

> Dan wrote:
>
>>Im not sure about a generic program, but when I bought a MSI mother
>>board, it came with a program called Live Update that checked for new
>>drivers plus BIOS updates.
>>It worked really good.
>

> Did it just check for the MSI Motherboard?
> Or when you go out and buy the new GeForce 6800 card and the SoundBlaster
> Audigy2 Sound card and the 1000Mbit Intel NIC and the Hauppage Video Capture
> card - did it check for those drivers as well?

Duh ...

Do you have a program to suggest? I think we all would be interested in
something that can do what Bill is asking for.

John
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 4:57:47 AM

What Shenan Stanley is implying is that Dan's suggestion falls far short of
the mark!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"John" <John@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Shenan Stanley wrote:
>
>> Dan wrote:
>>
>>>Im not sure about a generic program, but when I bought a MSI mother
>>>board, it came with a program called Live Update that checked for new
>>>drivers plus BIOS updates.
>>>It worked really good.
>>

>> Did it just check for the MSI Motherboard?
>> Or when you go out and buy the new GeForce 6800 card and the SoundBlaster
>> Audigy2 Sound card and the 1000Mbit Intel NIC and the Hauppage Video
>> Capture card - did it check for those drivers as well?
>>

> Duh ...
>
> Do you have a program to suggest? I think we all would be interested in
> something that can do what Bill is asking for.
>
> John
April 16, 2005 4:57:48 AM

In news:o RtRvZjQFHA.4020@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Richard Urban <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> What Shenan Stanley is implying is that Dan's suggestion falls far
> short of the mark!

They seem to jump on his case a lot but, truth be told, some of Shenan's
posts make me think with a whole different logic set.

Galen