How to Fax without a Landline???

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.computer,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Since everyone in the family has cell phones with voice mail, I am playing
with the idea of getting rid of the landline. One thing that is holding me
back is how to fax. I am a little reluctant to use online services as most
the time I am sending personal information.

Is there a way I could use my cell phone (LG VX4500) with either my printer
(HP psc 2210 all-in-one) or connect it to the modem of my computer (Gateway
500XL)?
3 answers Last reply
More about landline
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.computer,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Dan Jensen wrote:

    > Since everyone in the family has cell phones with voice mail, I am playing
    > with the idea of getting rid of the landline. One thing that is holding me
    > back is how to fax. I am a little reluctant to use online services as most
    > the time I am sending personal information.
    >
    > Is there a way I could use my cell phone (LG VX4500) with either my printer
    > (HP psc 2210 all-in-one) or connect it to the modem of my computer (Gateway
    > 500XL)?

    Well, there is fax to email stuff out there(fax wave, etc.), so maybe
    the reverse is there too.

    Worse case--scan the document in and email it. Unless there is a lot of
    faxing, scanning may work for you.

    My fax wave to email works super and for almost nothing!

    The broadband carrier I (could) use tells me no faxes for their voip!
    They are a cable company and I know they are here to help....

    Herm
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.computer,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Look at efax.com

    They let you originate faxes on your internet-connected PC.

    --
    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.computer,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    "herm" wrote:
    > Dan Jensen wrote:
    >
    > > Since everyone in the family has cell phones with voice
    > mail, I am playing
    > > with the idea of getting rid of the landline. One thing
    > that is holding me
    > > back is how to fax. I am a little reluctant to use online
    > services as most
    > > the time I am sending personal information.
    > >
    > > Is there a way I could use my cell phone (LG VX4500) with
    > either my printer
    > > (HP psc 2210 all-in-one) or connect it to the modem of my
    > computer (Gateway
    > > 500XL)?
    > >

    > Well, there is fax to email stuff out there(fax wave, etc.),
    > so maybe
    > the reverse is there too.
    >
    > Worse case--scan the document in and email it. Unless there is
    > a lot of
    > faxing, scanning may work for you.
    >
    > My fax wave to email works super and for almost nothing!
    >
    > The broadband carrier I (could) use tells me no faxes for
    > their voip!
    > They are a cable company and I know they are here to help....
    >
    > Herm

    You can setup your own IP based fax server but it will probably cost
    more money than the $25 a month that you would pay for a dedicated fax
    line.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Fax-Landline-ftopict358882.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1139558

Windows XP