How to Fax without a Landline???

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.computer,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Since everyone in the family has cell phones with voice mail, I am playing
with the idea of getting rid of the landline. One thing that is holding me
back is how to fax. I am a little reluctant to use online services as most
the time I am sending personal information.

Is there a way I could use my cell phone (LG VX4500) with either my printer
(HP psc 2210 all-in-one) or connect it to the modem of my computer (Gateway
500XL)?

Dan Jensen wrote:

> Since everyone in the family has cell phones with voice mail, I am playing
> with the idea of getting rid of the landline. One thing that is holding me
> back is how to fax. I am a little reluctant to use online services as most
> the time I am sending personal information.
>
> Is there a way I could use my cell phone (LG VX4500) with either my printer
> (HP psc 2210 all-in-one) or connect it to the modem of my computer (Gateway
> 500XL)?

Well, there is fax to email stuff out there(fax wave, etc.), so maybe
the reverse is there too.

Worse case--scan the document in and email it. Unless there is a lot of
faxing, scanning may work for you.

My fax wave to email works super and for almost nothing!

The broadband carrier I (could) use tells me no faxes for their voip!
They are a cable company and I know they are here to help....

Herm

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.computer,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Look at efax.com

They let you originate faxes on your internet-connected PC.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

"herm" wrote:
> Dan Jensen wrote:
>
> > Since everyone in the family has cell phones with voice
> mail, I am playing
> > with the idea of getting rid of the landline. One thing
> that is holding me
> > back is how to fax. I am a little reluctant to use online
> services as most
> > the time I am sending personal information.
> >
> > Is there a way I could use my cell phone (LG VX4500) with
> either my printer
> > (HP psc 2210 all-in-one) or connect it to the modem of my
> computer (Gateway
> > 500XL)?
> >

> Well, there is fax to email stuff out there(fax wave, etc.),
> so maybe
> the reverse is there too.
>
> Worse case--scan the document in and email it. Unless there is
> a lot of
> faxing, scanning may work for you.
>
> My fax wave to email works super and for almost nothing!
>
> The broadband carrier I (could) use tells me no faxes for
> their voip!
> They are a cable company and I know they are here to help....
>
> Herm

You can setup your own IP based fax server but it will probably cost
more money than the $25 a month that you would pay for a dedicated fax
line.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Fax-Landline-ftopict358882.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1139558