TECH: Spy Hunter

My Spy Hunter occasionally loses high scores/settings when turned off,
*or* when reset by Test Mode. This is after replacing the (dead)
Lithium battery that was there with a brand new, beefier 3V Lithium.

Questions:
1) How would I tell if the person who originally converted the board to
Lithium added a diode to prevent charging of the battery? Where would
the diode need to be relative to the + or - terminal of the battery
holder?

2) If no such diode was added, would it cause this problem?

3) If not, what else should I look at? Is this a Q*Bert-style reset
problem that can be fixed by adding a capacitor to the reset circuit?

Thanks!
John

Lance

It took me a while to find it, but I knew that somewhere I'd seen a
picture of this, before and after. It's on Bob Robert's site:
http://www.therealbobroberts.com/
Go to the parts list, and about 80% of the way down click on "tron
lithium battery conversion kit." Or, you can click on "Tron & others
OEM PS (90412) Repair Kit" just above that for a detailed text
explaining it all.

Hope this helps, I haven't yet converted my SH to lithium, but will be
soon...

Lance